Applying for NORI while residing in India

J1chennai

Hi all,
I am currently in India and need to apply for J1 waiver. I hope someone can help me.
I went to US on a J1 from Jan-Dec 2007. Of the 2 year HRR I have already completed 1 year and 6 months in India, so I have only 6 months left.
I need to apply for a NORI certificate from RPO chennai and Home department, Tamilnadu. As I currently live in India, the Indian consulate in San Francisco will not attest my documents. Without this attestation both the home department and RPO, Chennai will not accept the NORI application. What should I do further in this case?
They both said that they have never accepted applications without the consulate attestation.
I have a sponsor for H1B so I need to get this sorted as soon as possible.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi did you get the waiver.... I am in a similar situation right now. Could you tell me if you got any success

Hi all,
I am currently in India and need to apply for J1 waiver. I hope someone can help me.
I went to US on a J1 from Jan-Dec 2007. Of the 2 year HRR I have already completed 1 year and 6 months in India, so I have only 6 months left.
I need to apply for a NORI certificate from RPO chennai and Home department, Tamilnadu. As I currently live in India, the Indian consulate in San Francisco will not attest my documents. Without this attestation both the home department and RPO, Chennai will not accept the NORI application. What should I do further in this case?
They both said that they have never accepted applications without the consulate attestation.
I have a sponsor for H1B so I need to get this sorted as soon as possible.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.