Applying for Mother. Is there an Age limit for her?

temiga

Registered Users (C)
I'm trying to decide if I can apply for my mother, she is 77 years old and not sure if it's ok to apply. I'm afraid that if I apply for her and her application gets denied, she won't be able to come to the USA to visit anymore.

Is 77 year old too old?

I know she would have to get the physical test. But not sure if there are other restrictions, like health insurance required, etc.

I would really appreciate if someone has had any experience or knowledge about a case like this.

Thanks for your help

there are no restrictions of age for your mother. or any relative that you wish to sponsor.

there are restrictions for you though, you must be at least 21 years of age (which I am sure you are, since your mother is 77) and you must meet the poverty guidelines (i-864P).

Now, you do understand that you are sponsoring your mom to LIVE PERMANENTLY in the USA? not to visit once or twice a year...

Also, it will be very hard to obtain health insurance for her here.

I think temiga's concern is that in the event the AOS is denied, the mother can't even come visit anymore because of immigrant intent. It's a valid concern, but I can't think of a reason why your mother would not be approved, except certain health conditions are grounds for inadmissibility (see here).

Thanks guys,
Austriacus, that's what I meant.
I'm just worried that my mother could be considered inadmissible because regular age health conditions. She is in good health right now for her age, but of course she can't work and she won't be able to get a job. Otherwise there is no other problem in her case.