Applying for AOS of my wife

F1visaMBGC

Was looking on some advice for what is going on in the world of USCIS since calling them or checking their website for updates is a pretty horrible user experience.

My wife and I (usc) are in the process of applying for an AOS since we got married in August of 2020. We ended up getting all documents required and finally sending out our completed package back in November 2020, due to slow response from the online website we were using for filing our application.

When I log into USCIS online and look for case updates, all I am told is there was an update on December 12th that our case was received on November 12th and to stand by for any further updates.

I have read that USCIS is facing a large backlog of immigration cases due to Covid and that the expected timeline for a work and travel permit is between 5-8 months (going by NBC times since our case starts MSC)

I was wondering if that 5-8 month wait period would start on the date of our last update which was December 12th or the day the case was received which was November 12th.

Also would be good to hear from some fellow AOS applicants who are also USC’s to hear what your timeline looked like!