Applying Citizenship in July 2012, former employee suing.

CaliGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My GC was approved in July 2007 and planning to file Citizenship in July 2012. However our company fired one of my team member for poor performance and this person is suing us(me, my boss and his super boss). I'm sure this case will go on beyond July 2012 and I want to learn what will be the impact for my Citizen Application. Can I file for Citizenship since it is not a my personal-criminal case? Should I wait until the case is resolved?

Please Advice
Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

My GC was approved in July 2007 and planning to file Citizenship in July 2012. However our company fired one of my team member for poor performance and this person is suing us(me, my boss and his super boss). I'm sure this case will go on beyond July 2012 and I want to learn what will be the impact for my Citizen Application. Can I file for Citizenship since it is not a my personal-criminal case? Should I wait until the case is resolved?

Please Advice
Thanks in Advance.

Civil cases are irrelevant to an N-400 UNLESS it would lead to a finding that YOU got your status via fraud. this does not sound like such a case and is likely irrelevant.

Civil cases are irrelevant to an N-400 UNLESS it would lead to a finding that YOU got your status via fraud. this does not sound like such a case and is likely irrelevant.

Thanks BigJoe5 for the info. However, assuming this case will be still pending by the time I apply, should I disclose this in my application? if yes, would there be an impact for processing my case?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks BigJoe5 for the info. However, assuming this case will be still pending by the time I apply, should I disclose this in my application? if yes, would there be an impact for processing my case?

Thanks in advance.

Which question on the N-400 would ask about this case? When you find it answer it honestly.