Applying citizenship but lost my passport

lzBecomingUSC

Registered Users (C)
I am applying my citizenship. But I lost my passport sometime earlier. I am not sure whether the passport is a must during the interview. Please advise.

Thanks

I am applying my citizenship. But I lost my passport sometime earlier. I am not sure whether the passport is a must during the interview. Please advise.

Thanks

Did you get police report?
Do you have a copies?

Well sometimes people "losing" passport with COP stamps on it, right before interview.
Probably they gonna give you a hard time.

That is what I am afraid of. I don't have a police report. I did not think it was a big deal since I was not going to need it. I was even told they don't need it for interview. How to get one? I have copies, but not every single page of my passport. Will it help? Thanks

how about your travel history? did you travel after asylum? did you travel to countries near COP? if not then this will help you

Did you use it on any trip outside of US? If yes then you will need it on the interview.

There is high possibility that IO think you are trying to hide something and that would be going back to COP.

They could but that just will show passenger's exit to first destination and entry from whenever board the airplain. keep in mind that if someone leaves states to point A and continue his/her trip to point B, C,D or more, there is no way that USCIS have that information and the only source will be the document was used to travel. After all you might not even be question and all depend on IO and how they feel to handle the interview.But it is very good idea to be ready if IO asks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get police report?
Do you have a copies?

Well sometimes people "losing" passport with COP stamps on it, right before interview.
Probably they gonna give you a hard time.

Dear Uncle Joe:

I lost my passport as well, But I never went outside USA after I arrived in USA for 12 years.

I had a photocopy of that passport and have a police report. Also, I put an AD to declare that Passport was lost.

Do you think I will be in trouble in citizenship interview?

Dear Uncle Joe:

I lost my passport as well, But I never went outside USA after I arrived in USA for 12 years.

I had a photocopy of that passport and have a police report. Also, I put an AD to declare that Passport was lost.

Yeah off course if your police report dated month before application they gonna ask you questions.
If you have old police report It's not gonna be a problem, i think you should be allright

Dear Uncle Joe:

You will be okay because your exit and entry will show that you had no trip outside of US and that itself wil protect you from breaking continues residency and in case if you are asylum or refugee shows that you did not go anywhere including back to COP. USCIS could get your exit and entry in matter of few click so just tell them the truth and they could check your claim regarding this matter if will be any doubt in USCIS side.
Don't worry at all.

Yeah off course if your police report dated month before application they gonna ask you questions.
If you have old police report It's not gonna be a problem, i think you should be allright

It was old police report in 2006. And AD in a Local Chinese Newspaper to declare that I lost my Chinese passport.

thank you.

You will be okay because your exit and entry will show that you had no trip outside of US and that itself wil protect you from breaking continues residency and in case if you are asylum or refugee shows that you did not go anywhere including back to COP. USCIS could get your exit and entry in matter of few click so just tell them the truth and they could check your claim regarding this matter if will be any doubt in USCIS side.
Don't worry at all.

Dear Mh66ii:

It is true I did not go anywhere after I arrived in USA.
Actually, they have exit and in record on the table when they interview you.

They usually don't but if there is any question in their mind about it or feel what applicant claims might not be acurate, it would be easy to pull the record. In your case, You just tell them that you have lost your passport and your application will show your trip history and if IO have any other question about it he or she will ask you and write it down in your application and will or will not check on it. At the end they might not even ask about it.

They usually don't but if there is any question in their mind about it or feel what applicant claims might not be acurate, it would be easy to pull the record. In your case, You just tell them that you have lost your passport and your application will show your trip history and if IO have any other question about it he or she will ask you and write it down in your application and will or will not check on it. At the end they might not even ask about it.

Dear mh66ii:

My wife went to an interview in June, she had zero trip, no question towards her at all. But she saw they pulled out the record on the table already.

Thank you fior advice.

That is your file with USCIS so called A file. It contents all your application and petition you have ever filled with USCIS along with possible AR-11 and other letter or possible requests which has been send to USCIS directly by you or on your behalf by attorney or your represenative. So basically that is your file and they know some information already about your past immigration movements.

That is your file with USCIS so called A file. It contents all your application and petition you have ever filled with USCIS along with possible AR-11 and other letter or possible requests which has been send to USCIS directly by you or on your behalf by attorney or your represenative. So basically that is your file and they know some information already about your past immigration movements.

Right, my wife told me a plie of papers on the desk, like a small hills, hehe.
but she only be questioned fior 5 min. and passed, hehe.

They could but that just will show passenger's exit to first destination and entry from whenever board the airplain. keep in mind that if someone leaves states to point A and continue his/her trip to point B, C,D or more, there is no way that USCIS have that information and the only source will be the document was used to travel. After all you might not even be question and all depend on IO and how they feel to handle the interview.But it is very good idea to be ready if IO asks.

I am very new to this forum. I have been looking at posts here for about 2 weeks. It’s amazing how beneficial this forum is. It helps a lot of people in so many different ways and it informed me with many immigration laws and expectation.

I have been arguing about this specific topic with friends. I kind of agree with what you said here. But Could you be kind enough to tell us more about it and why ? My friends are saying with all the technology age we are living right now , I think it's almost NOT impossible to know any thing about anybody at any time at anyplace ....:(

Your friend is right but keep in mind that investigating someone cost alot of money and man power which government does not have and it should be absoloutly worth of investigating someone for it. Nature of any case is diffrent and for example if someone is under investigation for terorist activity homeland security will go out if their way to find out and will find out what you have eaten 10 years ago for lunch. In USCIS case, if IO feels that applicant trying to hide something or if something is in gray area, The least is they can delay your case or ask for more evidence to convince them that you are eligible for the immigration benefit and they can find out one way or another. Asking for evidence has been normal and it is %100 aplicant's responsiblity to provide it.
This is what I have seen and exprience with family and freinds cases in last 15 years and it is what I really believe.