apply for courses before I overstay (Canadian)


Registered Users (C)
I've been in the States for more than 5 months now (about 20 days left to I overstay). Anyways I'm getting married in 1-2 months and doing an AOS. However I'm in specialized field (Satellite Engineering) and don't want to have a major gap of doing nothing. So I want to take some course to keep me active in the field.

I don't know how this goes against my situation. Can I apply to a community college or something and get granted/accepted in the next 20 days? Is there a minimum course load?

This is the M visa and not the J right?