Apply for Citizenship

leawe

Hi Everyone, I'm willing to apply for citizenship. I've completed 5 years since I've received my green card, the only thing in my case is that I have a gap that I stayed around 2 years outside US from 12/2017 until 7/2019 during this period I came back for only a week then I left US. in 11/2017 I applied for Travel Document to allow me stay outside the US without having the risk of abandon my green card and I've received it on 02/2018.

Now can I apply for citizenship based of my history that I mentioned? also during my life in US I was frequently crossing the border for the weekend ( for 2 day ) and coming back, would that affect my application? I've contacted the USCIS to have my travel history but they couldn't send them to me, if I will fill the N-400 form can I put an approximate dates of my travelling? I didn't file my tax for 2018 even though I was working outside US, am I still eligible to apply for citizenship?

Your re-entry permit protects your green card but it does not protect your continuous residence. So you’d need to start the clock from the day you returned with no further 6-month plus absences after that.

I believe you should file a tax return for 2018. You are subject to tax on worldwide income as a green card holder.

Your re-entry permit protects your green card but it does not protect your continuous residence. So you’d need to start the clock from the day you returned with no further 6-month plus absences after that.

I believe you should file a tax return for 2018. You are subject to tax on worldwide income as a green card holder.
Thank you @SusieQQQ what about the travel history? I was not able to get my travel history either from the US costume border I-94 or the USCIS.
I met an attorney 1 month ago and when I explained to her my status she said I'm eligible because during issuing my travel document I had a reason on that time that's why they've accept my application. but your statement make more since and logic as I had a doubt about what she told me. the only thing is how can they verify my travel history since its not available on the system.