Application for Self and Minor Child Queries

at123

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for Self and my Minor Child OCI. I have following queries:

1. Part B : Q 24 : Me and my minor child are applying together, whose name should be filled in the blank,

a. is it me and my child or
b. me and my spouse (My Spouse already has a OCI).

2. Part B, Q 24 , the signature, should it be from:

a. me and my minor child or
b. me and my spouse (although spouse is not applying for OCI)

request inputs. Thanks

at123

1. Part B : Q 24 : Me and my minor child are applying together, whose name should be filled in the blank,
--------I don't have Form/question before me

request inputs. Thanks

at123
on Part B for child Both parents should Sign that We XYX and ABC are applying OCI for CHILD Name.

request inputs. Thanks

at123

When I had applied for OCI, I was in the exact same situation as you (applied jointly for myself and my minor son). For Q24, I had entered my name and my wife's name like this:

"We, <my name> and <my wife's name> (Mother of <my son's name>) do solemnly and sincerely declare ... etc"

Then both I and my wife signed it. My wife wrote her name under her signature and next to that, she also wrote "(Mother of <my son's name>)"

For the application for minor declaration at the bottom of Q24, only I signed it since I was the first (primary) applicant. I think some people have applied where both parents signed this section.

In the end, both my son and I got our OCIs.

Last edited by a moderator:
My comments in red

When I had applied for OCI, I was in the exact same situation as you (applied jointly for myself and my minor son). For Q24, I had entered my name and my wife's name like this:

"We, <my name> and <my wife's name> (Mother of <my son's name>) do solemnly and sincerely declare ... etc"

Then both I and my wife signed it. My wife wrote her name under her signature and next to that, she also wrote "(Mother of <my son's name>)"

Definitely do this!

For the application for minor declaration at the bottom of Q24, only I signed it since I was the first (primary) applicant. I think some people have applied where both parents signed this section.

My application was rejected by travisa SF since the spouse signature was missing. She was not an applicant but they still wanted her signature

In the end, both my son and I got our OCIs.