AP Question

kachag

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Our 140 is pending and I'm travelling to India on nov 16th and coming back in March. My H4 visa is going to expire on feb 14th (6 years) and my AP will expire on Jan 9th. We are going to apply for AP renewal in 10days.. My question is " Is it ok if i leave United States without a renewal copy and enter US with renewed AP..I heard that i have to enter US before my AP expires(Jan 9th) or take a renewal copy before leaving to india.
can anyone clarify this..

kachag said:
Hi,
Our 140 is pending and I'm travelling to India on nov 16th and coming back in March. My H4 visa is going to expire on feb 14th (6 years) and my AP will expire on Jan 9th. We are going to apply for AP renewal in 10days.. My question is " Is it ok if i leave United States without a renewal copy and enter US with renewed AP..I heard that i have to enter US before my AP expires(Jan 9th) or take a renewal copy before leaving to india.
can anyone clarify this..

You have to carry the renewed AP with you. Or you need to come back before the expiration of the current AP.

Why do you want to delay the AP renewal? Apply immediately.

Our attorney did not send us the renewal papers yet , so I'm assuming it may take another 10days to file . I have another question, our attorney is filing for 7th year extension along with AP. so can i get H4 stamped in india and come on that. Will it be safe to do that. or if i come back on feb 10th on my current H4 which is valid till Feb 14th, will i be questioned for entering US when my visa is going to expire in 4 days..Please suggest the best thing to do. My tickets are confirmed to Nov 16th.
Thanks in advance