AP prodecudure questions

niwdoer

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

My NIW based I140 was approved in Feb.

My 485/AP/EAD ND is April 15 and I received finger print notice for my 485 last week.

I noticed that the CSC already start to process EAD/AP applications with ND at April 12. My question is that what's the relationship between 485 finger printing and AP/EAD applications? Does it mean they will not be approved before I make finger prints? If so, how long after finger prints I can receive the approved AP/EAD?

Another question is that, as soon as I receive my AP, I want to quit my job. My lawyer said since I am NIW based so that I don't have to wait for 6 months before I can quit my job, as long as I don't work till my EAD is approved, I have no trouble to come back. Is this true?

THank you very much

I noticed that the CSC already start to process EAD/AP applications with ND at April 12. My question is that what's the relationship between 485 finger printing and AP/EAD applications? Does it mean they will not be approved before I make finger prints? If so, how long after finger prints I can receive the approved AP/EAD?

From what I know, there is no relation between I-485 FP and EAD/AP.
So EAD/AP approval has no relation to I-485 FP.
In case you apply for e-EAD, maybe you can go on the same day for getting photos, FP for EAD as your I-485 FP date(if it is not too much away).
For traditional filing, you do not need to go for FP yet.

Not sure about second question. Maybe it would be a good question to put in I-485 forum

Last edited by a moderator:
niwdoer said:
Hi all

My NIW based I140 was approved in Feb.

My 485/AP/EAD ND is April 15 and I received finger print notice for my 485 last week.

I noticed that the CSC already start to process EAD/AP applications with ND at April 12.
My question is that what's the relationship between 485 finger printing and AP/EAD applications?
---- nothing
Does it mean they will not be approved before I make finger prints? If so, how long after finger prints I can receive the approved AP/EAD?
---- at this time they dont need FP for EAD or AP, but in future they may take FP before AP or EAD. EAD AP are based on pending I-485
Another question is that, as soon as I receive my AP, I want to quit my job. My lawyer said since I am NIW based so that I don't have to wait for 6 months before I can quit my job, as long as I don't work till my EAD is approved, I have no trouble to come back. Is this true?
------ if you belive your lawyer follow his/her advice
THank you very much