AP & Passport

VJ0510

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I got my AP(Adv payroll) in Dec'03 with my old passport which was valid till Nov'04. Now i have a plan to go to india in may and comming back in june. My friends told me that its very good to have atleast 6 months validity of passport. I have applied for renewal and i got my new passport and old passport got stamped cancelled. Now i carrying my old and new password with me.

Do i face any issues while entry because of AP which was not issued on new passport ?
and let me know what documents do i need to take while comming on AP.

-Thanks
VJ

I had a similar situation when my old passport (still valid) looked worn out and immigration asked me to get a new passport. So I had to carry the new passport, and the old one (with the H1B stamp) and there was never any problem...

Originally posted by VJ0510
Hi ,

I got my AP(Adv payroll) in Dec'03 with my old passport which was valid till Nov'04. Now i have a plan to go to india in may and comming back in june. My friends told me that its very good to have atleast 6 months validity of passport. I have applied for renewal and i got my new passport and old passport got stamped cancelled. Now i carrying my old and new password with me.

Do i face any issues while entry because of AP which was not issued on new passport ?
and let me know what documents do i need to take while comming on AP.

-Thanks
VJ

Your old passport may be cancelled, but the visa on it is still valid, but you need to carry both passports.

Clarification

Just to clarify, it is not Advance Payroll, it is "Advance Parole"

And yes, you need to carry both passports.

Question regarding passport renewal

The CGNY website says that I should send the papers which has my US Visa for passport renewal.

Does that mean I should send the photocopies of the pages of passport which has US Visa or should I send the H1 documents or both?

Thanks

It means photocopy of pages. If I am correct - you need to tell them only the valid visa pages and not all. Correct me if my understanding is wrong.