AP expired while outside US

rollingstone

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody know what can be done if AOS application is pending and the applicant is outside of US (say due to some emergency), and AP expires? Is it possible to renew AP from outside the US? In the AP form I saw an option for sending the AP to a consulate of your choice outside the US. Has anybody used this option?

Does anybody know what can be done if AOS application is pending and the applicant is outside of US (say due to some emergency), and AP expires? Is it possible to renew AP from outside the US? In the AP form I saw an option for sending the AP to a consulate of your choice outside the US. Has anybody used this option?
You can't do anything. In this case the AOS application is abandoned.

If you are H-1B then you apply for visa in your home country. Then you should be OK. After you come back to US then again you can apply. BUT i do not know what is your status is now?

Were you using EAD while you were in US for your work?

If you are H-1B then you apply for visa in your home country. Then you should be OK. After you come back to US then again you can apply. BUT i do not know what is your status is now?

Were you using EAD while you were in US for your work?
This is a purely hypothetical question does not apply to my situation.

If it's not possible to obtain an AP outside US, why does form I-131 have an option to send it to somebody outside the US?

Part 2 (check one)
option f is: "I am applying for an advance parole for a person who is outside the united states."
followed by blanks to fill in name address etc.

and then part 7, Q 2
"If the person intended to receive AP outside the US, provide location of American consulate or DHS overseas office that you want us to notify"

The option to send it to somebody outside the US is not necessarily for I-485 filers. That option is for people who:
1- Might otherwise be ineligible to apply for a visa,
2- Need immediate entry to the US for an emergency and cannot wait for a visa application to be processed,
3- Other possible reasons of the same nature.

This is a purely hypothetical question does not apply to my situation.

If it's not possible to obtain an AP outside US, why does form I-131 have an option to send it to somebody outside the US?
Part 2 (check one)
option f is: "I am applying for an advance parole for a person who is outside the united states."
followed by blanks to fill in name address etc.

and then part 7, Q 2
"If the person intended to receive AP outside the US, provide location of American consulate or DHS overseas office that you want us to notify"
form I-131 is also used for REENTRY PERMIT