AOS pending-EAD expired

hayward_gc

Registered Users (C)
guys, i need your advice!!

my EAD has expired 04/2003..n0 valid H1..all along i thought-as long as i work with sponsoring employer ill be ok to work..but as i was reading past threads, i realized i still have to renew ead..what do i do now?

485 RD 12/30/01

If you have a H1 that should be OK

Don't you have H1? Or u dodn't have both.... If no, then you are a illlegal worker!!!

You need an expert advice not ours.

You have to consult a competent immigration attorney immediately.

If your last EAD expired 04/2003 and you don't have any other valid status then I'm afraid you worked illegally.

Worse still, you canot even use 245(k) provisions as it only provides protected status for unauthorized employment as long as the gap is not more than 180 days.

It looks like you have been working without authorization for the past one year. I don't want to scare you but you are in serious trouble.

Don't panic, stay focussed but act immediately. I hope everything is going to be fine for you. Try this link...

http://www.murthy.com/adjsta.html

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
ur aos is still pending

I am assumign that your I-485 is still pending. I agree with others observation that you worked without valid EAD for over a year and that is not legal. You are not out of status because your AOS is pending, but it can be rejected later because you worked without EAD for a year.

What is not clear to me is how your employers (who sponsored your GC), never asked you or suggested you to get your EAD renewed.

To start with, you can apply for renewing your EAD and ofcourse talk to a good immigration lawyer.

1. this is called extreme carelessness.
2. who is your employer? He never bothered to update I-9?
3. Since you have AOS pending, you are OK as far as the issue of "status" is concerned.
4. you may not have done anything illegal because of your pending AOS (you are never illegal during AOS pendency). Your employer, however, has violated the law and may be fined (+...).
5. get EAD asap.

Such careless stupid f***s should get some jailtime where they
should be raped by every other in mate.

Nutcase. How can you do this to yourself and your employer?

looks like some guy from Osmania univ. on the payroll of another Osmania degree holder. both has no f*** awareness regarding things around them.

Guys, this is avery difficult time for me...can u post some suggestions on how to deal with this? I have an RFE isued by BCIS on 01/30/04 and up to now my lawyer hasnt responded yet..
ANYone with the same experience? PLS SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS..THNX!

RFE: EVL, personal and company tax returns, DE6, W2s

What!!!!

hayward_gc,

I dont want to be as harsh as some of them have been. But you say an RFE was issued in Jan on your case. For 485, I presume. So what are you doing till now? Response to RFE is time bound. You dont respond withing certain time (not sure how much, but defnitly not more than 2 months). You should wake up and get cracking on it.

You say its a difficult time for you. but it is your own creation. Most of us here are praying for an RFE/2nd FP, but most importantly GC.

I suggest you start by replying to RFE today and file for an EAD simultaneously. eFile for EAD infact.

deadline for RFE is april 23...i have called my attorney but has not replied..im real worried now!!

BTW, can i use 245 (i)?

Dude,

If the RFE doesnt reach by April 23rd, then they will deny your application. Forget 245... just work on replying to RFE. You might just get your 485 approved.

Why is your lawyer not send a reply for RFE??? Any particular reason? Ask him for the RFE notice and mail it yourself.

I had given all documents to my lawyer..this lawyer of mine is used to sending docs on the last minute, thus prolonging my agony!!

You could help people by posting his name/company here. So people can avoid him. Also would be a way of getting even with him.

I really dont want to do that..he's a trusted lawyer in the bay area..im just keeping my fingers crossed and hope ill pull thru..will keep u updated..

finally, I talked to lawyer yesterday and advised me to renew EAD asap.. also response to RFE will be forwarded next week..Im praying hard everything turns OK..