AOS Passport expired (TN to GC)

All steps after 6 or 7 require that you are on EAD/AP and no longer on TN. As I said, AC21 does not apply when you are on TN. The entire process outlines still applies, the steps you mention just aren't available to you -because your team didn't ensure you had valid TN for a long enough period.

Today I called my Senator and his liaison asked me to send my passport copies. She wanted to talk to local field office to renew TN to July 2020 as rest of my family. She also said if this will not work she can expedite my case on humanitarian grounds. Couple of moths ago I asked to expedite my AP because my mother is seriously ill and I wanted to go and see her. I have a doctor's note stating my mother condition. Also my wife on TD completed her CNA studies (license will expire in July) and waiting to complete her clinical (paid). All clinics are asking for her SSN which she doesn't have. If she will not complete her clinical, she has to do her license again. This is another basis of expediting EAD/AP. I asked Senator's liaison not to contact USCIS local office for now.

Is expediting my case on humanitarian grounds a possibility, me being on unpaid leave of absence, mother illness and wife's license expiring?

We have no idea! I doubt it for the TN. For the AP, possibly, but you tried this already. All the rest is poor planning in my opinion. Spouse could have switched to another status to study, and probably gotten OPT for clinical.

My EAD/AP got approved on Jun 06 and received on Jun 11. I'm back to work. Senator liaison asked for all the documentary evidence to expedite my case. I have submitted a letter from employer drafted by attorney that my role is very crucial to my company and I'm also a sole earner for the family. I also provided copies of Doctor's note and spouse's license. It was approved within couple of days. I also have passed 180 days to kick in AC21.

Thanks all for your help.