AOS (marriage) Interview in August, Recieved form G-56 today =(

warhound

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Me and my wife had a successful AOS interview late August of this year. I believe its standard practice of USCIS not to reveal whether the application was denied or approved on spot and they let one know by mail. Still, the body language of the IO said everything seemed fine.

Today I recieved a letter from USCIS (form G-56) asking me to show up in person one month from now at a NY office. The info provided in the notice was:

ASK FOR: ANY ADJUDICATION OFFICER
REASON FOR APPOINTMENT: ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS INTERVIEW
BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS: ID, such as passport and originals of documents sent to us & additional documents we asked

Now, There are no additional documents requested by the USCIS. So why am I going back to their office ?! Also, my case was outside the normal processing time so the USCIS customer service had launched an enquiry and gave me a referral Id for beyond regulatory time frame. Could this be in connection to that ?

- Responses would be much appreciated

Either they lost some of your documents, or a supervisor who reviewed the case isn't satisfied with what they saw and they determined a second interview is necessary. Be prepared for a tough interview.

Do you have anything you should be worried about, like lying to get a visa or a criminal record?

I thought the interview in August was for your brother and his wife, not you and your wife.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?317636

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the brother, I didnt bother making a seperate account.

My wife wasnt asked to appear in the notice so how would this interview be conducted in her absence ?

She may get a seperate appointment of her own.

Google for "stokes interview" and read up. It especially applies to the NY District Office.

if this is indeed the stokes interview, arent the husband and wife called in together and then seperated ? or can they be called separately on seperate days? I ask because the notice only asks for me.