AOS interview experience at Atlanta office

Umair Gauhar

Registered Users (C)
I had my AOS interview at Atlanta local office on 8/17/04. I thought I could share my experience with anyone awaiting interview. My appointment was at 9:30 AM and I arrived around 8:30 AM and sat in the waiting room. I was called for interview for about 10 minutes earlier than my scheduled interview. The interviewer did not ask too many questions. She only asked my how long was I married. There was a lot of emphasis on documents, especially the affidavit of support. She wanted my tax returns, W-2 from last three years. She also asked for the same documents from my sponsor. She also asked us for documents supporting a bonafide marriage (other than the marriage certificate). We showed her our appartment lease, joint bank account statements, health insurance cards and car insurance cards. She arranged all these documents in my file and stamped my passport. She told me that I'll get my plastic card in 8-12 months.

Hope this helps.

Question: Does anyone have any idea how long it really takes to get the plastic card from the date of interview. Most people have told me that it takes less than what I have been told. Any exeperiences?

Applied (spouse sponsored) at ATL office 2/02
Got EAD 3/02
Receipt Notice 5/02
FP notice 7/04
AOS interview notice 7/04
AOS interview 8/17/04.

Congratulations!! Thank you very much for posting your experience, we appreciate it. I have noticed people are getting there card in 4 weeks to 12 weeks. Card comes qickly, i guess, don't have to wait that long.

Willy: Congrats. You and me got the stamp the same day, I am guessing our requests for the cards will be sent at the same time as well. If you get one, please let me know and if mine comes, I will let you know as well.

Dukhi: I am hoping that you get to hear on your case soon as well :) Or InfoPass has just started yesterday in ATLANTA. Thanks

I wish the best of luck to all those awaiting AOS. Thanks for the quick reply to my question. I hope to get the plastic card soon.

WaitingforAOS11, I'll let you know when I get my card.

good luck! and congratulations! By the way, I tried to schedule INFOPASS appt for October, but the appts are only available through Sept 3. :(

Card

i got mine in about 7 days after i got approved. I have known a number of people who have got it within a month.