• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS DV2020

Marina21

Hi
I have a question. I was selected DV2020 and on my case number can submit documents in January. But now I have a problem, is that my place of birth on my passport and birth certificate do not match. now I have appointment to do a new passport at consulate to correct the birthplace to match the birth certificate. should I have to waited for my new passport and submit i485. Or I can submit the document and attach the changed document from consulate to Immigration. Because if I have to wait the new passport take time about 4-6 weeks . Which option is better for me? Can you please help tell me.I am afraid if not complete document I will be rejected.
Thank you for your help.

You can proceed with the AOS filing without waiting for the updated passport, the discrepancy is not a big deal (assuming they’re both in the same country of course). You can file with the current passport as is.

Thank you Sm1smom
For your reply to me.
In the i 485 form that asks about the place of birth, should I match the birth certificate?

Yes.

Please post subsequent AOS related questions on the DV2021 AOS Thread - we encourage keeping AOS related questions on one thread to make it easy for everyone to reference and follow up as needed.