AOS 485 cases in sep 00 -NOV-00 not approved because?

sevagan99

Registered Users (C)
AOS 485 cases in sep 00 -NOV-00 not approved had a similar reply. Seems that in July 00 , they (ins)were under the impression that all the GC quota for all countries was full and so they sent all the I-140 stuff to Dept of state. check your I-140 and see what it says.
Now they are waiting for state to send it back.

nsc
RD 8/2000
ND 9/2000

BY NSC82----- in Immitracker .com NSC

I did check on my I140 Approval Notice, it says that the application was processed at the Department of State. Dont know if that is the regular way of doing things or not?

But I think we can confirm if everybody around that same time (sep 00 to NOV 00- 485s) have similarities to mine with ref to the I140 process.

Maybe we will c a pattern

Thanks
Seva

No Title

After getting info from INS NSC that they are having difficulties matching my 140 and 485.

I posted a message here to which I got useful replies that if I140 was procesed by NVC which is the Department of State center for Visa Processing, then there is a possibility of the 140 Approval being sent to the Local Consulate in India.

So I checked the 140 Approval and yes there was a note that said that the approval was sent to the Consulate in INDIA.

Calling NVC I found out that my approval was sent to a US consulate in India on the 18th of July.

So now what? I call the attorney to get explanation.

They tell me that while applying 140 there is a little field where they ask for optional consular processing center(US consulate in India).

So that is why the approval was sent to India. But they confirmed that even if the 140 was for consular and AOS, INS should be OK as far as my 485 was concerned.

Now I have to fiind out from NSC if they will make a requisition to the US consulate in INDIA or should I do it.

And also can call the US consulate to find out if my files are physically present there

The Irony is that came to know about this only now, so if I had chosen to go for consular processing(sometime end of 2000 or beg 2001) I might have got my GC approved.

Talk about BAD LUCK, u r talking about me. LOL

Hope this helps ppl.

BUT PLEASE DO LOOK AT THE I140 APPROVAL NOTICE AND FIND OUT WHAT IT SAYS.

WISH ME LUCK FOLKS

THANKS

My case is similar to yours

My I140 Approval Notice also says the they have sent the information to NVC and will be forwarded to the Consulate. AFter checking your messge, I checked my I140 approval Notice. It exactly says what u have mentioned. WHen I called NVC today and keyed in the LIN # it couldn\'t find it and asked me to call during office hours to talk to a rep. I\'m not sure why it couldn\'t find my case. WIll call tomorrow and post the update. Also, I did ask my attorney and he replied that it takes only 2 weeks for the INS to get back the application from the Consulate.
I also went thru the I140 application that my attorney filed. In PART 4(Processing Information) it says "Below give the US consulate you want notified if this petition is approved and if any requested adjustment of status cannot be granted". My attornye had put Chennai and India in thost fields. I\'m not sure if this triggered the whole of things of sending the approval for CP to Indian consulate. I need to ask my attorney about that. WIll post the update tomorrow.
Meanwhile let me know if you have any updates. Lets have some hope and wait for some more time.