Anyway to find FP date over phone ?

complex_dude

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I received the 'RFE' email on 11/11/09 about 'RFE' notice being sent on 11/09/09. So far I have not received anything in the mail (~9 days now).

Assuming the RFE is for FP, I have an unavoidable (but flexible) travel upcoming. I am wondering if there is any way to find out the FP date by calling USCIS over phone, so I can adjust the travel dates accordingly ?

Do the reps answering the phone have access to this info ? Any other way to find out the FP date before receiving the mail ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
cd

Hi,
I received the 'RFE' email on 11/11/09 about 'RFE' notice being sent on 11/09/09. So far I have not received anything in the mail (~9 days now).
----------------------- The day you see the online Status update they dont send the letter same day. wait few days.

Assuming the RFE is for FP, I have an unavoidable (but flexible) travel upcoming. I am wondering if there is any way to find out the FP date by calling USCIS over phone, so I can adjust the travel dates accordingly ?
------RFe is for Fingerprint. you cant find the date on phone.
Do the reps answering the phone have access to this info ?
----No
Any other way to find out the FP date before receiving the mail ?
-----------------------wait for the mail.
Any help is appreciated.
--------------------

Thanks
cd
---------

I have to finalize the travel date by tomorrow morning, so if I don't get a mail today, I may have to take a chance I guess.

I have to finalize the travel date by tomorrow morning, so if I don't get a mail today, I may have to take a chance I guess.

If you miss your FP due to travel, it's no big deal. You can get a FP done on any Wednesday after that. The notice will explain all that.

Complex Dude,

Don't worry about it. When you get the FP notice just go over there WITH your green card. You can do walk-ins at most of these palces as long as you have your appt notice and your GC.

Malcolm

Complex Dude,

Don't worry about it. When you get the FP notice just go over there WITH your green card. You can do walk-ins at most of these palces as long as you have your appt notice and your GC.

Malcolm

Thanks a lot. The notice just arrived. I am in the San Jose area. Any specific day of the week, or time of the day you suggest for the walk-in ?

My local office recommended after 1:30pm. I don't know why but it worked out nicely. The whole process only took about 20 minutes.