Anyone with Indian birth certificate, who obtained GC from TN visa?

Ok. I believe the process is to first transfer to an H1B and then apply for GC? Correct ?

From what i know that's the safest route, with new lottery system getting H1B is pure luck. Good luck anyways. There maybe other routes as well, i am new to the forum, experts can weigh in.

The path is to apply for GC as soon as possible, regardless of current work visa, even TN. If, in the meantime, the sponsor wishes to try and convert you to H1-B, which could take some years, at least your clock is advancing.

DO NOT wait, or allow the employer to wait, thinking that you must first (or even at anytime) be on H1 for them to proceed thru PERM I-140, etc.

The path is to apply for GC as soon as possible, regardless of current work visa, even TN. If, in the meantime, the sponsor wishes to try and convert you to H1-B, which could take some years, at least your clock is advancing.

DO NOT wait, or allow the employer to wait, thinking that you must first (or even at anytime) be on H1 for them to proceed thru PERM I-140, etc.
I agree. But with current wait times for Indian born candidates the priority date is not current, EB-1 is 2015 and EB-2 is 2009. If we apply for GC now, we may not get one until 2027, and during this time we will not be allowed to renew our TN's. Correct me if I am wrong.

Incorrect. You can renew TN all the way until you file I-485, at which time you convert to EAD. Lots of info here on that, Please read up.

Incorrect. You can renew TN all the way until you file I-485, at which time you convert to EAD. Lots of info here on that, Please read up.
That's great information. Sure I will read other posts on that. So I guess you file an I-485 when your priority date becomes current?

As I read more about it, what I understand is once your I-140 is approved that shows a clear Immigration intent. How will a border officer still renew the TN visa? It could take several months between your I-140 approval and your priority date becoming current.

Please read the curiousgeorge sticky at the top of this forum. The TN to GC process has already been well-established for decades, there is little point rehashing these details.

I am born asian Indian and naturalized Canadian citizen. I have applied for family based F4. My i-130 is pending approval........as curiousgeorge mentioned, I planned to renew my TN till my priority date becomes current. Keep me posted for additional info.....

The only caveat is that TN does not have the same protection form I-130 that is does from I-140. So, yes, you must mention that an immigrant petition has been applied for you if you file I-129 (not so for border unless asked), and there is a risk of denial due to immigrant intent.

btw, the curious george post says NOTHING about I-130. It is solely based on Employment-based immigration, this refers only to I-140. Not the same.