Anyone waiting for interview from Chicago ?

EB3 Retrogression

Is EB3 retrogression applicable to transfer cases also?

My labor was applied in March 2003 and I-140&I1-485 were received by USCIS on 10/09/2003. I-140 approved in 12/2004 and I-485 transferred in 12/2004. Interview date: 07/20/05

Is it possible that I may not get my passport stamped due to EB3 retrogression.... I was so happy when I got interview appointment notice but now the thought of retrogression is worrying me sick... :-( :-( :-(

Is my thinking correct (I hope not) or am I just thinking too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
i-693??

Medical Examination Form I-693 in a sealed envelope
what should we take here??(already given medical exam. report
when filed for 485)

any thoughts ..anyone (windseeker)

Thanks

Documents for Interview

For those of you wondering what officer checks during interview, from my personal Experience
1) Letter of Employment (current)
2) Marriage certificate He asked my wife even though he had it in his file
3) He checks in his file for your medical records. Carry it if you have it with you , 99% it will be in his file.
He did not ask us for tax returns.
He asked for 2 pictures
All old EADS, Travel documents are punched and retained by officer.

RD 9/2002
Interview: 5/12/05
Approved 5/12/05
Cards received 6/3/05

documents

Talked to my lawyer ..he indicated the following

I-693 if already submitted (in my case), just take copies if you have them. When asked indicate it was filed with the 485 application.

Affidavit of support already present as an application for I-485. ( in my case)
Federal tax copies with w2 returns [ He indicated that u can take the copies we have, no need for transcripts from IRS]

I-485 Supplement A - not applicable to me (am employment based)
Get copies of i-94 and valid passports .. make sure passport is not expiring.

My lawyer indicated in my case the company is the petitioner..

My lawyer would be accompanying me at 195$/hour.. he said it would usually be around 2.5-3 hrs.

current employment letter ...indicating the position,start date and current salary and also indicating that he is an current employee..

For my spouse he indicated that they might be questioning her on when she met me and some other personal questions.. he advised us to take recent photos,bank statments, common ownerships,utility bills, health insurance..
etc..

Is there any current format for the employment letter?

ZeusChicago said:
If you have already submitted your medical you do not need to carry it with you for interview.

ZeusChicago

When you received the welcome letter, the letter is just for the primary applicant or both the primary and dependent should receive a differnet welcome letter? I received the welcome letter for myself, but there was no letter for my husband yet. I don;t know what is wrong. Thanks

Rj

I have just received welcome letters for me and my family. I had an interview on 5/26/05 (Employment-based). Anybody has any question please, you are very welcome to ask I can share my experiences.

Applied I-485 09/13/2002
TD 03/01/2004
2nd FP 10/26/2004
Interview letter 04/05/2005
Interview date 05/26/2005
Approval letter with stamp on passport 05/26/2005
Welcome letter 06/09/05
Plastic GC ??

Wedding Alblum ? Is this very important in the interview

Guys, Wedding Alblum ? Is this very important in the interview.
Thanks.

Rashed said:
I have just received welcome letters for me and my family. I had an interview on 5/26/05 (Employment-based). Anybody has any question please, you are very welcome to ask I can share my experiences.

Applied I-485 09/13/2002
TD 03/01/2004
2nd FP 10/26/2004
Interview letter 04/05/2005
Interview date 05/26/2005
Approval letter with stamp on passport 05/26/2005
Welcome letter 06/09/05
Plastic GC ??

Rashed,
I have some questions if you don't mind:
1) Why was your case transferred to Chicago?
2) Did you change employers?
3) What did they ask you during the interview?
4) What documents did they ask you for?

Thanks!

windseeker said:
ZeusChicago

When you received the welcome letter, the letter is just for the primary applicant or both the primary and dependent should receive a differnet welcome letter? I received the welcome letter for myself, but there was no letter for my husband yet. I don;t know what is wrong. Thanks

Both should get welcome letter (this is either triggered by the interviewing officer or your stamping). We got our welcome letter and our lawyer insisted that we do our stamping. When we did our stamping we got another set of welcome letter, that we ignored. If your husband hasnt done the stamoing, may be he should do that.

Evl

Should the EVL be addressed to anyone ? if so to whom?

also is there any format for EVL...

This is to verify that <name> is currently employed with <Company> and has been working with us since <Join date>
as a <title>. Salary details and expectations to continue work at <company> are high.

Please contact us should youhave any questions.

signature/contact details

could anyone else post a format including whom it should be addressed to

npnjan02

npnjan02,

I don't know why my case was transferred to chicago, the only reason they wanted to have an interview with me and see my family, my last name doesn't match with my kids and with wife.
I spent my all more than six years with one employer; got my first H1B in 12/1998 to 12/2001 the second H1B in 12/2001 to 12/2004 then got my EAD.
She asked current employment letter, tax returns for 2002/2003/2004, birth certificates for whole family, marriage certificate, proof of special registration, degree from USA and degree from pakistan, state ID's me and my wife, EAD for everyone, advance parole for everyone, passports for everyone at last she your checks have already been cleared from FBI and I'm approving your case then she asked two photos for everyone. We were also asked for finger print for green card. She gave us approval letters and stamped the passports for whole family.

Have any questions, please you are most welcome

Rashed

Rashed said:
npnjan02,

I don't know why my case was transferred to chicago, the only reason they wanted to have an interview with me and see my family, my last name doesn't match with my kids and with wife.
I spent my all more than six years with one employer; got my first H1B in 12/1998 to 12/2001 the second H1B in 12/2001 to 12/2004 then got my EAD.
She asked current employment letter, tax returns for 2002/2003/2004, birth certificates for whole family, marriage certificate, proof of special registration, degree from USA and degree from pakistan, state ID's me and my wife, EAD for everyone, advance parole for everyone, passports for everyone at last she your checks have already been cleared from FBI and I'm approving your case then she asked two photos for everyone. We were also asked for finger print for green card. She gave us approval letters and stamped the passports for whole family.

Rashed

Rashed said:
npnjan02,

Rashed

Thanks Rashed. You got lucky, see this thing now with the EB3 retrogression - even if you go to an interview, you will not get approved right away. So frustrating.

Just checking , Anyone scheduled for an interview whose case was transferred to chicago local office in year 2005 ?

TD 1/26/05
Waiting for the interview letter...

with your petitioner

My letter says that " Please appear with your petitioner ...". So my 485 is employment based EB3, so in this case who is my petitioner? My employer I guess. Does anyone else had that written on their Appointment Notice.

Last edited by a moderator: