Anyone refused PP stamping after May 12 ?

ravi kat

Registered Users (C)
Our application was approved on April 28 and we the approval notice we received subsequently states that the card would be mailed in 120 days by the immigrant card facility. There was no information about the 551 stamp. Yet we took an infopass appointment and went to the local ASC on May 12 . However the officer refused to stamp the passport and stated that I should receive another request from the UCIS for biometrics and only then would the take the FP. We received a UCIS request for FP ( code 2) but no information about stamping. Anyone in this situation ? Has anyone been refused stamping ? Or has anyone obtained a i551 stamp after May12 at any of the ASC ‘s ?

I did the same thing, got infopass appointment and went for stamping, officer stamped my passport but she said you will be receiving another notice and recently they stopped accepting photos( 2 passport size photos you would normally submit when you go for stamping). I don't know what the heck is going on... with this process.

One thing for sure is they have changed the process.

jms_gc said:
I did the same thing, got infopass appointment and went for stamping, officer stamped my passport but she said you will be receiving another notice and recently they stopped accepting photos( 2 passport size photos you would normally submit when you go for stamping). I don't know what the heck is going on... with this process.

One thing for sure is they have changed the process.

When did you get your PP stamped and where ? Mine was at Columbus,OH.

ravi kat said:
Our application was approved on April 28 and we the approval notice we received subsequently states that the card would be mailed in 120 days by the immigrant card facility. There was no information about the 551 stamp. Yet we took an infopass appointment and went to the local ASC on May 12 . However the officer refused to stamp the passport and stated that I should receive another request from the UCIS for biometrics and only then would the take the FP. We received a UCIS request for FP ( code 2) but no information about stamping. Anyone in this situation ? Has anyone been refused stamping ? Or has anyone obtained a i551 stamp after May12 at any of the ASC ‘s ?

I had the same problem! I Got a PF code 2. I called 1800 and they told to disregard that FP request. So, I do not have my passaport stampad, and I do not have my card. I do not know whatelse to do, beside waiting. In fact, I am used to wait. I am waiting this GC in the last 3 years.

Don't disregard the Biometrics notics.

-- This is from immigration-law.com posted recently.

05/20/2005: Important Advisory: Do Not Ignore Finger Print Notice Received After Approval of Green Card

Nowadays, more number of people are receiving I-485 approval notices. Additionally, some of them also receive fingerprint notices after their I-485 has been approved. The AILA has been advised by the USCIS HQ that such notice is not a mistake. Even if their I-485 is approved, once they receive a fingerprint notice, they should appear at the ASC to provide new biometric identifiers. This includes children. If the I-485 approved minor children receive a fingerprint notice, they should appear at ASC! Those who ignored such fingerprint notices may want to immediately contact the USCIS to reschedule the fingerprinting. Important, Important.

ravi kat said:

We received the same notice. We went to the columbus, OH local office today morning at 8.30 with infopass appointments. The officer (I believe the name was Brenner) removed the I-94's and stamped the passport with I-551 for 3 months. He said that we will either receive the biometrics notice or the actual plastic card with in three weeks. The officer did not ask for AP or EAD or anything else.
Hope this helps