Anyone interviewed recently on Federal Plaza, NY?

tk3c.forever

Registered Users (C)
Hello, everyone!

I took my interview on Dec 3 and got N-625 with "Congratulations...!" checked. The IO told me that he approves my application, but they don't give out oath letters on the same day, so I should wait for about a month to get mine.

I know it's been only a week, but the status on the website still says "Testing and Interview" and from what I saw here, most of the people from NY had their oath dates pretty quickly after the interview if not on the same day. And this kind of makes me a bit nervous.

Had anyone have the same experience recently? And does anyone know how long does it take to get that letter in NY lately?

P.S. I'll keep you posted! :)

i did my interview on 10/04, letter came on 10/22, took oath on 12/02, you can expect a litle longer due the hollidays.

i forgot to say that despite the fact I have the oath done the website still not update, even the "letter sent" does not show there, after the interview they don't update it anymore.

Interview passed on oct 09,2009 @ Federal Plazza.Oath letter received on oct 20,2009.
Oath taken on oct 30,2009 @ 500 Pearl street( US District court) right behind Federal Plazza.Online still Interview...

I had my interview at the Federal Plaza on Dec 7. Passed the Interview but was 2 days shy of 5 year completion. He told me that the oath letter will come in mail and it may take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks.

I had my interview on 12/7/09 at 26 Federal Plaza. I passed it. waiting for my OL. I know some people got OL same day. I believe Bobsmith who is an immigration expert in this forum got it same day.

Guys,
Would you please like to share your Interview Exprience?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the replies everyone! I hope my letter gets here soon, I'll keep you posted.

As for the interview- went very smooth, the IO just asked me again everything I had in the application, work, addresses, how do I support myself (I'm a recent college grad), I said my parents are helping me. I also had a several month trip out of the states after I filed my application, which I was worried could cause a problem, but he said nothing about it, just wrote it down. Then very quick test, which I passed and then he told me several times that he approves my application, because he sees nothing wrong with it and i should wait about a month for the oath letter. That was all.