Anyone got TN in the economist category recently?

Econcan

Hi all, my company used Fragomen to apply for my TN application under economist and got a RFE. I am considering heading to the border now but want to know how has the experience been for recent applicants? Very grateful to any advice or help from your recent experiences

I honestly don't know but I have been in the economist category for 6 years now. This case was filed by Fragomen who I hear have a pathetic reputation as TN visa attorneys. I think it most likely relates to job duties. I plan to head to the border with the application and try it there. Any tips?

I honestly don't know but I have been in the economist category for 6 years now. This case was filed by Fragomen who I hear have a pathetic reputation as TN visa attorneys. I think it most likely relates to job duties. I plan to head to the border with the application and try it there. Any tips?

If it were me, I'd want to find out what the RFE was for before making a new application. The border officer may ask for the same evidence and if you don't have it, then you're stuck outside the USA.

I have no idea whether there's any peril to applying at the border for a TN while you have a pending mailed-in application.

Definitely need to find out about RFE.

there is no "peril" about getting border TN with I-129 pending. This used to be common practice when TN was 1-yr duration: one would submit I-129 to remain in status when inconvenient to go to border, allowing one to continue working, and then head up to border at a convenient time and enter on new TN (the TNer would even ask as he entered if the I-129 had been recently approved., and enter on it). Only caveat is to make sure you cancel the I-129 as soon as you get the TN, other wise if the I-129 is denied, it becomes last action, and you lose status, have to go to border, an now you would have that I-129 failure over your head.