Anyone filed NIW?

Endoscope

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me regarding some info about NIW. I am thinking about filing NIW based in VA job. Do we need letter from VA saying that I will work there for 5 years? Does any one has a sample letter. (getting paperwork from VA is a major ordeal so dont want to re do stuff)

~Endo

A National Interest Waiver (NIW) petition falls into the employment-based immigration second preference (EB2) category. Normally, a permanent job offer and approved labor certification are pre-requisites to file an employment-based second preference immigration petition. However, a National Interest Waiver (NIW) petition requests that the otherwise required U.S. job offer requirement, and thus the labor certification requirement, be waived for the sake of the "national interest of the United States."

In order to file an NIW petition, a candidate with an "advanced degree" or "exceptional ability" must be able to persuasively demonstrate that he/she seeks employment in an area of substantial intrinsic merit to the U.S., that the benefit from the candidate's proposed activity will be national in scope, and that the requirement of a Labor Certification for the candidate will adversely affect the national interest.