Anyone entering on visitor\'s Visa after 9th April, pls share your experiences

viv001

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Pls share your post April 9th port of entry experiences, if any. Would make us all aware whether the INS officers have already started practicing this proposed rule. If yes, then what kind of reasons help you obtaining an I-94 for more than proposed 30 days.

Thanks

In-laws got 6 Months Visa on April 12th At SFO

My In-Laws arrived on 12th April from India at SFO.
They have a 10 Years B2 Visa. They got 6 Months admission on the I-94.
Immigration officer asked "How many days are you planning to stay ?"
When the anwser was 6 months he asked for return reservation/Ticket ,
They showed him confirmed return ticket . So it\'s a good idea to book a return ticket with intended return date. Return date can be changed once you are here by just calling the airline.

Ditto from my friends parent.

They got 6 months at Newark, NJ. No questions asked. Also they flew via frankfurt and no additional visa was required.

Relax. :)

1 month visitors visa issued at chennai

Parents of an acquaintance came to NJ last week and were issued 1 month B2 from chennai. These folks came to help their daughters pregnancy and are now planning to take the baby along with them after 1 month.

Did they explain the reason for visiting US ?

I have seen people getting 1 month vis if they cannot explain the office the reason for stay. You have to have a precise answer to their questions and also have a return ticket.
Please give out more details about the circumstances .

What if?

What if the visitor doesn\'t go back after one month (if they get only one month). Is there any legal issues?

What is the proper answer?

What all are the questions normally INS guy ask to visitors? What are the satisfactory answers? Any help will be appreciated..

Thanks,

effective yet?

I thought that this proposed rule was not effective yet. Did they already start to implement it?

No Title

If the visitors have children in US(sons/daughters) they should mention it and it definitely weighs in.

I have seen in couple of cases where they said they wanted a 6month I-94 since they have their son(s)/daughter(s) and would like to stay with them apart from visiting other relatives and places. In one case they were asked to go to a different room, where the INS person asked again how long they want to stay and issued a 6month I-94.

I think the key is to tell the INS officer how long you want to stay and whether you have any children in the US. Supporting document(probably notarized) from the sponsor would also help.

Just some ideas, may or may not work all the time. Trying doesn\'t hurt.

In-laws got 6 months visa on 05/01/02

My in-laws arrived at the Washington Dulles International Airport from Chennai on a B2 Visa. The INS officer asked the purpose of stay and they answered that they are going to become grandparents and want to spend sometime with daughter and son-in-law.

He then issued for 6 months without any further comments.

In fact they had a return ticket with them for sept 30th, but I guess he didn\'t look into the same and hence stamped upto 11/01/02.

anyone\'s relatives entered after May 10..

which is after the public comment period for the new law to allow only 30 days permit at the port of entry in USA..

No problems

My parents came on May 11th at SFO. They got 6 monts stay. No questions asked. They just showed the return ticket.

Got 6 months

My parents came here on May 24 and got for 6 months. They just asked how long you want to stay and with whom you will be staying and where.

VJ

Time Gap Requirement

:confused:
My parents are visiting us in US for 6 months on b-2 visa. After they leave US without any extension/overstay, if they want to come back visit me again, how long they have to wait before they go to consulate for another b-2 visitor visa, or there is no restriction? Thanks for any information.

Canadian with US baby

My gf and I had a baby in the US. I am on an O1 visa; she's Canadian and used to go back and forth.
Now she went to visit her family with our one year and a half baby.

When she re-enters, as a visitor, will it be a problem that she's with an American baby ? (could it be seen as she's trying to reside here, etc?)

A letter from US DOL Employment and training administration

I got the following letter from DOL

According to the IL dept of employment security, there is an availability of U.S. workers for the position of Electrical Engineer in the state of IL. Therefore, we are remanding the case back to the SWA so that the employer can be taken through supervised recruitment by doing the following: place a one-day Sunday ad in a newspaper of general circulation, place a job order for 10 days and submit recruitment results.

Do you guys have any idea what I have to do?

Thanks in advance.

ZenWang said:
My In-Laws arrived on 12th April from India at SFO.
They have a 10 Years B2 Visa. They got 6 Months admission on the I-94.
Immigration officer asked "How many days are you planning to stay ?"
When the anwser was 6 months he asked for return reservation/Ticket ,
They showed him confirmed return ticket . So it\'s a good idea to book a return ticket with intended return date. Return date can be changed once you are here by just calling the airline.