anyone been to Australia on RTD (no green card)?

if so, do I need a visa?

I have been there without a GC and it took 2 weeks. very nice ppl to deal with. They gave me a 2 month visa when I asked for a month. Before you are to leave for Australia, you need a Electroinc Travel Authority(even if you have a visa), so at the airport, the checkin time was a bit longer because they had to get that approved and attach it to the visa before I could board.

Want, is that a new policy? The ETA plus the visa? I have been twice, once in 2006 with a RTD and no GC and again this past December, with a GC, and neither time did I have to get an ETA.

That being said, Tous, it is indeed a very simple process. I sent an express mail return envelope with the application on a Thursday and received my RTD the following Monday! They even gave me a 1-year multiple-entry.

thanks WoosterLad..I plan to go there around thanksgiving....will start RTD soon...

Want, is that a new policy? The ETA plus the visa? I have been twice, once in 2006 with a RTD and no GC and again this past December, with a GC, and neither time did I have to get an ETA.

That being said, Tous, it is indeed a very simple process. I sent an express mail return envelope with the application on a Thursday and received my RTD the following Monday! They even gave me a 1-year multiple-entry.

I went in 2004 so maybe at that time it required an ETA while boarding. I think that everyone requires an ETA...lot of times the airlines REP do it automatically so you don't know. My airline rep was a little clueless so he had to run here and there.

Want.... just a couple of months before citizenship huh? I bet you are psyched! I apply in December 2010... can't wait.

Want.... just a couple of months before citizenship huh? I bet you are psyched! I apply in December 2010... can't wait.

I am psyched, nervous, happy, excited,can't-wait-to-get-rid-of-green-document..and many other things!!! My whole life depends on getting USC since my wife is out of country now because her H1 expired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am psyched, nervous, happy, excited,can't-wait-to-get-rid-of-green-document..and many other things!!! My whole life depends on getting USC since my wife is out of country now because her H1 expired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One good piece of news for you is that lately they have been very efficient in processing N-400 cases. A lot of people are getting naturalized within six months or less. Hopefully they will not mess this up in time for you. :)

One good piece of news for you is that lately they have been very efficient in processing N-400 cases. A lot of people are getting naturalized within six months or less. Hopefully they will not mess this up in time for you. :)

With my luck..they will probably make all illegals legal in September and N400 timeframe will go from 6 months to 2 years..

With my luck..they will probably make all illegals legal in September and N400 timeframe will go from 6 months to 2 years..

There is a very good observation. If they pass an amnesty expect very very long delays at USCIS.

Man I am so glad that this is all water over the dam for me.

i used the RTD to go into a trip , in the airport they asked me to show my passports not the RTD. i only used the RTD when i am in the NY airport.