Anyone applied for EAD recently @NSC?

My ND for EAD is 10December.
I got an RFE on the EAD as of yesterday(!)
Since Denver INS is still giving same day EADs I was just wondering if I could go the local INS and ask for an I-EAD even if my ND is not 90 days old.
Any comments on this folks?
Anyone done/heard a similar thing?

Thanks

EAD renewal approved

RD 12/06
AD 1/23

Bit worried as I didn't receive receipt notice, but finally it was aproved. It may take few days to print the card and send it to me.

RD and ND 12/12

Receipt Number: lin03058*****

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On January 25, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

I am so impressed that IIO did my case on Saturday.

Salute to IIO,

Can you please take a look at my one and half years old 485 at your normal office hour?

Thanks

Any body got EAD without submit I-140 copy recently?

My I-485 ND is 10/01/2002. (not concurrent filing)

then I applied my 1st EAD, but I didn't summited I-140
RD 1/24
ND 1/27

I worry about getting a RFE..

Any body got EAD without submit I-140 copy recently?

Thanks!

EAD:
RD - Dec First Week
AD-01/21
Card received 02/07

AP:
RD -12/16
Papers received 02/06

-Pathik

Hi adjustee,

Have you gotten your EAD approved yet?

How long it takes to get approved after they received the RFE?

My case is similar as yours

RD: 12/09/02
RFE: 01/27/03
RFE rcvd: 02/08/03
AD????

This is the message I got from online:

"On February 8, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 60 and 75 days for us to process this kind of case. However, because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 75 days. You will receive a written decision on this case.
"

Thanks

EAD approved, waiting for AP (first time)

Wife's EAD and AP (first time) applied together On Dec 02, 2002.

EAD :
------
RD : Dec 2, 2002
RFE for EAD issued : Jan 23, 2003
RFE response received : Feb 4, 2003
Approved (per online) : Feb 10, 2003

AP :
------
RD : Dec 2, 2002
RFE for AP issued : Feb 10, 2003
waiting for the RFE letter to come...

EAD Approved....Card Ordered

Hi All

Mine and my spouce EAD approved and card has ordered.
(Both The Case)
RD/ND:12/09/02
Approved date:02/11/03

Good Luck...............

I- 485

After applying 485, how many days we can change the employer. My 140 got approved. it is now 3months, can I change the employer/.

To take the advantage of AC-21 you should wait at least 180 days. Anyone with more insight please shed some light. Also please read any article related to AC-21.

Thank you Muntasir,
But I heard from one of my friend, if 140 is done then the employer can not do any thing. And we can change the employer and inform INS after 6 months. Is this not true.

I 485

Thank you Muntasir,
But I heard from one of my friend, if 140 is done then the employer can not do any thing. And we can change the employer and inform INS after 6 months. Is this not true.

Infor24

As I said, somebody with better perspective can shed some more light on this. I am confused about this entire AC-21 thing. Some people say you can, some say you can not.

Please start a new thread and see what responses are there from experienced people. and always ask your lawyer unless it is your company lawyer........all the best and congratulations on your approval.

I 485 changing employer

I am new to this forum. I really don't know how to create new thread. I tried to but I am getting any error. Can you please create one.

infor24

EAD Approved, card not recv

Hai.

MY EAD RD/ND : Dec10,02
Approved : Jan29

online messg "On January 29, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Card not recv (Feb17,2003). How long does it take to recv card?

Thanks in advance

Re: I 485 changing employer

Originally posted by infor24
I am new to this forum. I really don't know how to create new thread. I tried to but I am getting any error. Can you please create one.

infor24

infor24 - There are several AC-21 related discussions in a level before this one (link: http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=121 )

Following are the highlights:
1. You can change jobs if INS does not adjudicates your case within 180 days of filing 485. So, even if you change jobs before 180 days, and INS does not adjudicates your case within 180 days (which, looking at current timelines, it won't), you should be good.

2. 140 can be cancelled by employer within 180 days of filing 485 - though, UNlike H1, the employer is not REQUIRED to do so once you leave the job. Hence, if you leave before 180 days are complete, make sure u keep employer happy.. If you leave after 180 days, employer can't harm ur 140.

3. You have gotta make sure your new job has "similar" job description though the salary and location could be different. Also, you should not be a "public charge" (should not collect unemployment benefits)

cheers

-ab

Hi KK2003,

I got my EAD approved on Jan 23 and was getting the same msg as you see now until Feb 10. On Feb 10, I saw that message is changed to "Your case has been approved and approval notice is mailed .....". I got my card on Feb 14. It took almost 18 days to get the card out.

You may have to wait around that long. Hope this helps you.