Anybody heard something like this?

Piyushind

Registered Users (C)
My Attorney called and inform me that Immigration officer called him (My Attorney) from local office and asking for documents on my case (Employment letter, Tax returns, W-2s and birth certificate for my child).

We didn't recd. anthing in writing from USCIS. My case status is still says the same thing from last two years. When i called 1-800-number and it says the same thing.

Then how this immigration officer asking REF over the phone. I filled my case in NSC and he said he is calling from local office. My attorney is also wondering about this.

Is anybody has similar kind of experience? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks
Piyushind

have read the news somewhere that USCIS may contact lawyers or filers directly over phone for time consumption. You are the first one who post
here showing this implementation. Good luck!

Piyushind said:
My Attorney called and inform me that Immigration officer called him (My Attorney) from local office and asking for documents on my case (Employment letter, Tax returns, W-2s and birth certificate for my child).

We didn't recd. anthing in writing from USCIS. My case status is still says the same thing from last two years. When i called 1-800-number and it says the same thing.

Then how this immigration officer asking REF over the phone. I filled my case in NSC and he said he is calling from local office. My attorney is also wondering about this.

Is anybody has similar kind of experience? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks
Piyushind

Thats a great news so now you case will speed up like Euro train :)

Recently it was reported even in this forum that IIO's may call Attorney's or sponsoring employer or the applicant for a speedy recieving of documents instead of delaying in generating an RFE.

Here's something that was posted on www.immigration-law.com

04/17/2004: USCIS Backlog Reduction and RFE

As part of the Bush's 5-year reduction 6-month processing initiative, the USCIS has initiated a number of changes in the case management. One change is the concurrent adjudication of I-140/I-485 packages. Another change which the people will soon notice is the volume of Request for Evidence (RFE). For the recent months, the Service Centers have issued literally "flood" of RFEs creating a mountain of processing delays and backlogs. Report indicates that USCIS is currently working on a new management initiative which is expected to be completed by 2006. One of these moves will include the increased communication/contact by the Service Centers with the filers or their legal representatives through the telephone and fax in order not to issue RFE. This is indeed a welcome move. At the same time, unrepresented filers should pay more attention to the phone numbers and fax numbers which they print on the immigration forms. Those numbers can receive a call from the officers.

Today, this reporter sent a fax inquiry to the TSC. Within an hour or so, this reporter received a telephone call from a TSC official responding to the inquiry. We are very grateful for the Texas Service Center providing such services to the consumers. It is expected that people will get more calls and faxes from the agencies in the future in lieu of RFE. People should pay more attention to the phone calls and faxes. Alert your receptionists and secretaries! It is a time to train the receptionists and secretaries to handle properly the calls from the agencies. The officers deserve respect and no rudeness.

Unquote

I-485 dates

HI r240968

My dates for I-485 are

RD 01/07/2002
ND 01/10/2002
FP 02/27/2002

NOthing other than this dates. But IIO called on 05/03/2004. And we replied to him on last Monday which was 05/17/2004.

Let see if they're asking anything else. I'm hoping not.

Thanks
Piyush