Anybody got NORI done from Bareilly passport office in India

ukharit

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Is there anybody in this portal who has got his NORI done from Bareilly passport office? I tried to call them but they have no clue about NORI.

Please reply if somebody has got it from this office !

Thanks in advance !

Umesh

I donno if calling them would work. I am not from your place but from Chennai. Generally if you have any friend there, ask them to visit the office and inquire. That might help. BTW, did you get the MHRD address? If not here it is.

The Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Department of Education,
External Scholarship - 5,
Dept of Scholarship & Higher Education.
MHRD. A-1 / W 3 Curzon Road Barracks,
Kasturba Gandhi Marg.
New Delhi 110001.
India

All the best

First of all thanks very much for your response.

DO we need to put any name on the address or just this address will work. How much time MHRD took in your case?

Regards,
Umesh

Umesh

As talked to u earlier, gettin things done frm HRD n other offices cud prove time consuming if u dont hav anyone to follow up there. My parents got it done in less than 20 days but my father had to go there atleast 3 times to follow up. If u got plenty of time n can afford delays, u can post it directly.

D

MHRD is not a problem at all. They generally push the file in about 1 month. By the end of one month you will have ur NO letter in US.

Home department is little tough.

Passport office is beyond comprehension. They actually hate doing the NORI certificates. They say that already have too much to with the passports. They treat this as a nuisance.

Perhaps one cannot avoid walking to Home dept and passport office to get a few insults and get the things done. If you can get to know some "very high" officials, then you will be treated very differently.!

All the best.

Well, cud be true for ur passport office but Chandigarh Passport office got mine done only in 2 weeks. Though I completely agree abt home dept, but its not their fault as its imp for them to identify any criminal records of the person requesting NOC through his local police station, so indeed it wud take time to get this process done.

Hi,
Greetings!!!
I have also to apply to Chandigarh passport office for NOC. Does anybody in this forum know that what all these departments check for. I am on trainee here in IT and I completed my Bachelors 2 years ago and I am not enrolled in any study course in India. The additional documents that I am goin to send to India for NOC are :-
1. Letter from sponsor stating that mine J1 is not funded by any govt.
2.Letter from parents stating that they have no objection.

I am just wondering that what exactly the following departments check for. The departments are :-
1. Mhrd
2.Reg Passport office.
3. Home State department.
Please, if anybody has any idea or any info about this, please reply. The whole waiver process is very confusing but with the help of very cooperative people in this forum, i have now the confidence to apply for it. Good wishes to all in this forum.

Anjali, here is some info for ya

Chandigarh Passport office and Home department Haryana (Chandigarh)--
Attested copies frm consulate
photocopy of passport and visa stamp (not very imp but carry in case)

MHRD Delhi
Attested copies frm consulate
clearence certificate from bank if u took any loan (or if u hav any kind of education loan on u -----make sure to bring original copy wid u o'wise they will send u back to bring it)

Let me know if u need more info

D

Dheeraj,
Thanks a lot. You have mentioned that "make sure to bring original copy wid u o'wise they will send u back to bring it". Does that mean that any body from my family has to go there with any papers as right now I am in Usa.I am a bit confused. Thanks again.

its not necessary for u or ur family to go and submit ur application to issue NORI's, u may send ur application by post. But i got mine done with the help of my family. Infact i was advised by a couple of frnds to get NORI's done by any family members rather than sending by post. And this proved true in my case as my parents got thes done very quickly, in just 2-3 weeks.

If u leave everythin on them, home department alone takes 4-6 weeks and Passport office insists to send NORI directly to consulate. But cos my parents got it done, they obtained a copy of every NORI frm all 3 authorities and send those to me for a proof.

Rest is upto u if u dont hav anyone in India to help u out, use postal service.

Dheeraj,
Would it be possible for you to reply me via E-mail as I have some questions regarding Chd Rpo.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: