anybody experiencing huge delay from CSC to NVC

kanakab

Registered Users (C)
Its been 90 days since our I824 got approved. But after calling CSC,we came to know that it still has not been sent to NVC.

Would appreciate if some one could help us with what can be done now?
How long will it take before it is sent to NVC?

We have already called CSC twice and asked them to send the docs to NVC.And the officer told us, he has created a work order for the same.But everytime we call, it si the same thing? Did anyone else go thru this and what was the result?
Please help.

Is it advisable for us to now change to 485 as this might cause much delays??

Please advice.

Thanks,
Kanaka

Same here

My I-824 got approved on Jan 29, 2002. It is over 100 days now and NVC still has not received it. I talked to my company lawyer and she told me that it takes 4 to 5 months to get the file from CSC to NVC.
Be patient, there is no need to go back to AOS now.
I think the INS has slowed down the consular processing in general.
Bye.

alternatives

Given that it is going to take (aggressive estimate)

- files to move to NVC (say another month)
- receive the packet 3 from NVC (say another month)
- send back completed packet 3 to NVC, (say 2 weeks)
- NVC sends Packet 3 to Consulate (say another 4-6 weeks)
- consulate to call for interview (2-3 months)

We hope things move fast for you (as we are in the same boat here). But there is a very high chance that it will be well over 7 months before an interview call.

Given this case, we believe might be better to go back to 485 (atleast you get an EAD in 3 months) and can (potentially) move jobs in 6 months.

attorney should call or fax ins

My case took close to 90 days. I-824 @ csc was approved on Jan\'23 2002. Case reached NVC during 2nd week of april. I called INS five times and experienced exactly what you mentioned. I also had my attorney send both faxes as well as letters to INS.
You need to put a lot of pressure on your attorney to make them call the INS.
Eventually, I do NOT know what made INS forward the case. We did everything we could .. call/fax/letter .. try out and see if it changes things .. .

My experience

Until your attorny calls CSC, they will not send your case to NVC. You are wasting your time if your attorny is not calling CSC.

Attorney called thrice

Hi,
My attorney has called 3 times in past month and half. Everytime they say they have created a work order. So, till date nothing has happened.
What do u think is an alternative?

Thanks,
Kanaka

My case

My I-140 was approved on 1/9/2002, but until today (5/16/2002), NVC has not received my case from CSC yet. It has been more than 4 months already.

NVC received my case yesterday (5/21)

CSC sent my case to NVC on 5/9, and NVC received it today (5/21), thank God! I have been waiting for 132 days since my I-140 was approved.