Anybody - Call from INS???

sfbay_area_guy

Registered Users (C)
Mine is an old case...

The status is now missing...

I got a call from INS yesterday. Unfortunately I was not at home to take it. My sister gave them my cell # but they did not call me on my cell .. :rolleyes:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr any ideas what this could be about?? I know its a vague question.. but if you look at my signature you'll realize why i'm looking for some soothing +ve words ;)

Recently one of the friends on this portal mentioned that he got a call from INS saying his case has been approved. So it is probably an approval. No harm in calling the 800 Customer Service Number and explaining that you received your call from INS and was not available at home blah blah and to tell you what the status of your case is, you can also mentioned the details of your case. Have your WAC# A# RD and ND etc ready on hand while you talk to them. BE PREPARED TO BE ON THE PHONE FOR AN HOUR.

Good Luck

I had a call from them on Friday (8/6). My daughter answered the phone and gave them my cell number. I got a call on my cell and very polite officer Garcia (or Martinez, or Gonsales, don't remember exactly) told me that change of my on-line status was an error in their computer system. So my case was not even touched and I should not worry about it for next six months or so.

What was your online status? Did you fax an inquiry earlier for them to call you?

What is your present online status? Please post your FP details as well.

Thanks,
PM

dima66a said:
I had a call from them on Friday (8/6). My daughter answered the phone and gave them my cell number. I got a call on my cell and very polite officer Garcia (or Martinez, or Gonsales, don't remember exactly) told me that change of my on-line status was an error in their computer system. So my case was not even touched and I should not worry about it for next six months or so.

It was probably an explanation of what was going on in your case. You might want to send them a fax and this time give your cell phone number so that they can get back to you if they decide too.

The story is;

on April 2 my on-line status changed to 'On April 1 the document we made on the base of approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued'
I never receive anything. From the middle of April I tried to find out what was sent and may be they can send it again. I got a response by mail in the middle of May. It said 'your case is with officer, the officer must be given enough time and blah blah'
I didn;t change addres and they confirmed that they have my correct address
I sent several faxes during June and July.
And finaly got this response by phone. 'It was just an error in our computer system'

So I talked to this officer who did leave a voicemail on my cell phone after all and gave me his #.

He said they were replying to my fax inquiry and that my case was assigned to an area where they pickup cases for review and adjudication.... this was done on august 2nd.

whatever.... coincidently thats the same date that i received my
"We responded to your inquiry...."

He said my cases status not available online MIGHT have to do with the fact that its in review ....

Whatever... don't beleive a word..

I think they should all become lawyers or run for president. they have different excuses and explainations every time....

total crap

I think they should all become lawyers or run for president. they have different excuses and explainations every time....

Don't we already have one as president why do you want all these guys to run hmmmm.....

I got a call from CIS at 4pm on 08/06/04, and was told my case, as well as my wife's case, has been approved. do not even know where they got my phone number.

polyamine2004 said:
I got a call from CIS at 4pm on 08/06/04, and was told my case, as well as my wife's case, has been approved. do not even know where they got my phone number.
Congratulatoins!!!

You are just a final few steps away from freedom.

Hello, I am sure you provide your number when you filed for 485 forms. I guess we all forget that in our tension and enthusiasm and anger on USCIS. Lot of people are wondering how USCIS knows their phone number, when it is they themselves who provide it to USCIS in forms they file for 485. Anyway that is history now.

Congratulations!

polyamine2004 said: