any suggestion?

winthan

Registered Users (C)
When I check my status online, website said "On June 24, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 90 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance."

So i called them, they gave me the report confirmation ID, I was told to wait another 30 days to get respond. Should I get infopass to meet them in person and follow up my case?

Its odd that you received a yellow letter but no interview date. So it appears that either the interview date letter got lost or you received an yellow letter in error. I would make an appointment to figure out what happened

winthan,
My husband is in a similar situation. His status still has fingerprints on it (July 9th) but he received his yellow letter in early August. Our AILA lawyer says that the yellow letter is sent when USCIS completes preliminary review of your case. The interview date is unrelated to that because it is scheduled only after the IBIS, IDENT and FBI name check are completed.
So like my husband you are in a situation when the USCIS already completed their review but the FBI name check is still pending. According to what I found out USCIS doesn't schedule interviews unless everything is in their control because they are obligated to make a decision on your case 120 days after the interview (there was some previous legal case related to this). Usually FBI is supposed to complete the name check within 90 days after the fingerprint date but it isn't always the case.

Its odd that you received a yellow letter but no interview date. So it appears that either the interview date letter got lost or you received an yellow letter in error. I would make an appointment to figure out what happened

Yes, that's why i called them up, they told me they haven't schedule me yet.

winthan,
My husband is in a similar situation. His status still has fingerprints on it (July 9th) but he received his yellow letter in early August. Our AILA lawyer says that the yellow letter is sent when USCIS completes preliminary review of your case. The interview date is unrelated to that because it is scheduled only after the IBIS, IDENT and FBI name check are completed.
So like my husband you are in a situation when the USCIS already completed their review but the FBI name check is still pending. According to what I found out USCIS doesn't schedule interviews unless everything is in their control because they are obligated to make a decision on your case 120 days after the interview (there was some previous legal case related to this). Usually FBI is supposed to complete the name check within 90 days after the fingerprint date but it isn't always the case.

When I called them, they said that the local office is not doing any schedule yet for me. Some of New Yorker got the interview dates, but for my family, we haven't get anything yet.

I think, i will get Infopass then.

You can do InfoPass but from our experience when FBI name check is pending the only thing USCIS is going to tell you is that you have to wait. Previously you could threaten them with WOM and they would expedite it. Not anymore. Our AILA lawyer has an N-400 case that has been pending for two years with no progress despite congressional inquiries, AILA liason inquiries etc..... Apparently for as long as FBI completes 98% of the cases in 90 days they meet their quota. The other 2% are no-man's-land.

You can do InfoPass but from our experience when FBI name check is pending the only thing USCIS is going to tell you is that you have to wait. Previously you could threaten them with WOM and they would expedite it. Not anymore. Our AILA lawyer has an N-400 case that has been pending for two years with no progress despite congressional inquiries, AILA liason inquiries etc..... Apparently for as long as FBI completes 98% of the cases in 90 days they meet their quota. The other 2% are no-man's-land.

what is WOM? How can I obtain the information from FBI name check? I think, name checked were done already, that's why i am waiting inline for schedule. I am going to have InfoPass. thanks

Jack, could you please advise in my thread about my mother too? Thank you so much!