Any successful Writ of Mandamus cases here?

Mette

Registered Users (C)
My attorney was supposed to file Writ of Mandamus this week. I was wondering if anyone here have already done this and willing to share their experiences?

Thanks, but those are mostly Writ of Mandamus cases filed for US Citizenship not AOS - and there's a significant difference between those two. Also most of the people there are still in the process and I was asking about the end result.

You are wrong about that. If you read the whole thread from A to Z, you will see that there are instructions hw to file mandamus for AOS, and also people who did that.

I' m reading it now. I don't really need instructions or advice on doing this, since I've hired an attorney. The topic there is HUGE, 100+ pages. That's why I've decided to ask people of the outcome of their cases, not the process, not the issues. Maybe this would be interesting to others considering this action.

Mette said:
I' m reading it now. I don't really need instructions or advice on doing this, since I've hired an attorney. The topic there is HUGE, 100+ pages. That's why I've decided to ask people of the outcome of their cases, not the process, not the issues. Maybe this would be interesting to others considering this action.

Well... I red the whole thing, and also made search and red other posts... I was going to file mandamus by myself in fall 2006, but due to congressnam's effort I was approved recently.
My impression is, that about 5 people reported successful mandamus for pending I-485 (NC pending), all approved within 40 to 70 days from the receipt date (docs you mail to someone and they sign for them). There was one posting, someone posted info on another person, who filed mandamus and is was denied, not direct info though, and I remember that person's NC was pending for less than 2 years and court decided, that this is 'whithin ..? some range of duration' and no fault of FBI/USCIS. I think one of those 5 successful folks had NC pending for also less than 2 years... others had 3-4 years.

Compass, thank you very much for the info! I do not know for how long exactly my NC has been pending but my I-485 has been pending for 3 years and one month :( I'm just hoping for the best. Thanks again!

What, your I-485 has been pending for more than 3 years? So your I-485 was filed in 2003? Have you ever been subject to the visa backlog or your PD is always current? You really need to consider the lawsuit against the USCIS.

Writ of Mandamus. It is used to try and force the government agencies to perform their duties. The results are not always successful but still...

Last edited by a moderator: