Any Sept./Oct. filers who got RFEs in Dec. please post here!

kia

Registered Users (C)
I've got my RFE details from my attorney today:

1. An original letter on company letterhead from your current employer stating your date of hire, duties, remuneration, and prospect for continued employment.

2. Your earnings statements for the past three months

3. Federal Income Tax returns including all schedules and Forms W-2/or Forms 1099 for the 2001 tax year.

Hope we are all in good luck!

RD 10/1/01
ND 11/19/01
RFE Date 12/19/02

Did your online Message indicate that you have an RFE?

I am Sep 24 RD case ... no RFE ... still waiting

some info for u guyz

i am also a sept filer, just called IIO, no RFE nothing..

IIO told my files are still not assigned, pending Fingureprinting result, later when I told her that it's done back in FEB 2002 and status is already updated, she agreed and told me she's going to look into the case ie. she meant she will forward it to Adjudicating officer after a week. She did not give me any time estimation, but told Adjudication takes 60 days + our security check ( by which she means the new checks) is the total time involved..

Now guyz tell me good attorneys in NY who can pursue this with INS and all pending sept cases appears like one big mess.

DO YOU KNOW OF ANY GOOD ATTORNEYS IN NY/NJ region as my present attorney sucks big time ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it changed on Dec. 19th.

I think you should call IIO to find why.

Originally posted by 485Sucks
Did your online Message indicate that you have an RFE?

I am Sep 24 RD case ... no RFE ... still waiting

Did not send these with your application

Kia,

Did you not send the three items listed above with your 485 application?

Good luck.
-harris

Hi Kia

I received RFE on 12/10/2002 for the same reasons. I have responded to it and the online message changed to RFE received.. on 12/27/02.

RD: Oct 18, 2001
ND: Nov 30, 2001
RFE (sent by INS): 12/10/2002
RFE (received by INS): 12/27/2002

I think it's just a current routine check regradless wht you sent with the appl.

I am sure I sent the employment letter, but INS neeed the current one to see if you still with the employer.

I did not send 3-month pay stub since it's not required, I think I've sent only 1 most recently instead.

Since I filed 485 in 01, I sent my tax return of 00's instead of 01's which is not available at that time.

Originally posted by HarrisFeb2002
Kia,

Did you not send the three items listed above with your 485 application?

Good luck.
-harris

That's interesting

Kia,

thanks for your response.

I suppose with the economic downturn they can ask the same questions again. I wonder if there selection is random or application specific. Do you work for a large company?

I am with a smaller, lesser known company, I would welcome an RFE, like you, I sent the documents they are requesting. Obviously, an RFE sooner than later is easier to respond to.

One more question, did you have any address changes during your GC process? I have been told that can trigger an RFE.

Curious as to rationale they use to RFE.

cheers,
-harris

Kia pls. reply

I have a similar RFE, to provide 3 months pay stubs and Emp. letter. I got laid off few months back and got the job again in Nov. I have only one and half month pay stubs. Should i wait for one and half month more to reply to RFE.

Please advice.

RD-10/5/01
RFE issue date - 12/19/02

I have never changed job, neither changed address!

green, my case should be a very strait-forward one.

gcwaiter, you should talk to your lawyer about that, my suggestion is to wait.

hi..My RD IS 9/11/2001
RFE ON OCT31-2002
RFE replied on NOv10th
INS received RFE response on NOV14TH..Haven't heard anything from them at all after that..

RFE for - paystub for three months, copy of latest I-94 and letter from employer...
I thought mine was a straight-forward case- Same company on H1 (after F1 student ) and green card.. Apparently, INS thinks differently...

18thSep,01 - RD , RFE on 09thDec,02

I got the RFE for

1. Employment letter from current employer

2. Last 6 pay stubs.

Sent everything to INS and waiting !!!!! ????

RD 10/01/01 , rfe issued on 12/19/02

RD 10/01/01
ND 11/20/01

Rfe issued on 12/19/02
for
1) Employemnet letter from the company who sponsered I140
2) Last 3 months earnings statements

Online message remains same (like we received ur results of finger print......blah blah ....).
but in my spouse case they issued rfe on 12/19/02 and so far we did not receive it.

Kia:
Did u get rfe for urself and spouse or only ur self.

gc98

I'm a little confused!

If youuu still did not get your RFE, how come you know what it is?
The RFE is only for myself.

Originally posted by gc98
RD 10/01/01
ND 11/20/01

Rfe issued on 12/19/02
for
1) Employemnet letter from the company who sponsered I140
2) Last 3 months earnings statements

Online message remains same (like we received ur results of finger print......blah blah ....).
but in my spouse case they issued rfe on 12/19/02 and so far we did not receive it.

Kia:
Did u get rfe for urself and spouse or only ur self.

gc98

Lawyer Received .

Lawyer Received Rfe letter on 12/27/02 which is on my name.
I did not understand is online message remains same in my case and laywer received a letter on friday which is on my name
where as on my spouse case on line message says rfe was issued on 12/19/02 and so far lawyer didnt received it.

gc98

I got the birth certificate inquiry. I replied back to them in OCT. I am not sure if that is considered as RFE. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks

Got RFE for medical

on 12/27. replied to the RFE on Jan 17th. Message still says sent rfe on 12/27. INS received the RFE reply and my lawyer says they have the proof. Dont know when the message will change to RFE received. Still waiting......

RD OCt 2
RFE 12/27
Replied 1/17
Waiting