any RIR-->PERM approvals??

alohaahola

Registered Users (C)
Dear gurus:

Have you guys heard any RIR-->PERM conversion cases actually being approved? I have RIR pending from Sep2004 and just finished all the PERM recruitment efforts (identical). I can’t decide whether to send in the PERM application and transfer the RIR PD. I personally don't know any successful stories. I am just wondering whether any of you guys know people who have done it and actually had their LCs certified. Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

alohaahola said:
Dear gurus:

Have you guys heard any RIR-->PERM conversion cases actually being approved? I have RIR pending from Sep2004 and just finished all the PERM recruitment efforts (identical). I can’t decide whether to send in the PERM application and transfer the RIR PD. I personally don't know any successful stories. I am just wondering whether any of you guys know people who have done it and actually had their LCs certified. Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

You wish :) Let see how they need to process the case to covert from RIR to PERM.
First, look for your RIR case.
Second, manually put both RIR case and PERM case. Go through line by line
Final, make decision.

At the time of the flood PERM comming, do you think someone will sit and do that for you? If you are a fed worker, do you do that? Just keep in mind the DOL workforce for PERM is reduced sharply.

Same Boat

I am on the same boat as you are. MY RIR PD was November 2004 and I went ahead and filed under PERM to convert my case. I guess I am not as pessimistic. You have three options:

1. Wait for the BEC to approve your case (might take 2 years)
2. Apply Perm and loose your PD (good luck with the new retrogression)
3. Try to piggyback your PD from the old labor

There are a couple of people like me who are waiting and the DOL specifically said that conversion will be much faster compared to BEC processing.

I am in same situation as well. My PD is Feb, 2004 so keeping my PD is important. But unfortunately my file is in PBEC the black hole as well so I have no idea when my file will be processed.

Planing to file identical PERM as well. But am I still able to keep my old file in PBEC with new PERM application? I think my old case will be withdrawed but lot people mentioned it can be filed concurently. So I am quite confused. Anyone can please give some insight? thanks.