Any Recent RFE's On I-485 Applications

goodphysq

Registered Users (C)
As we see quite a few I-485 approvals (like mine), I am also seeing few Request for further Evedince (AKA RFE), like my wife my case :confused:

My wife online status reflect that RFE has been issued. We are yet to recieve the actual copy from USCIS.

By this thread we could track if any RFE has been issued on I-485 applications, and how long it takes to recieve the actual copy of the RFE once its been issued by USCIS, and finally how long it will take for approval once we respond to the RFE.

Please support...................thanks!

Any help is much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gurus

I received RFE from USCIS with respect to my wife's birth certificate. The birth certificate has details about birth date, city, name of parents except my wife's name since she was not named at the time of registration.

While filing I-485, we submitted affidavits from her father and mother done in India but I guess the mistake we (myself and attorney) did was in stead of sending original affidavits we filed photo copies :(

Now the RFE states that we have to provide oldest possible evidence to establish my wife's parentage. Unfortunately both my parents and in-laws are visiting US so we do not have anyone back in India to contact people and get things done.

Thus in the response I am planning to
(1) send back the original affidavits done in 2001 in India by her parents
(2) my wife's certificate for 10th and 12th which shows only her father's name but I don't have anything which shows her mother's name
(3) New affidavits in US which we'll make this week.

Attorney is not too happy with this but he is telling that since you have to respond by June 13 we can try this approach. Any guidelines?
=================
EB3 RIR - CA
India

Sorry to hear that....

Even i thinking RFE for my wife will be related to birth certificate, becuase she had couple of name changes. But mistake i did was, I didnt submit affidavit at the time of filing I-485.

In your case, I dont think filing original affidavit will solve the problem. Even i did submit a photocopy.

Its going to be really tricky, because as your wife name was not to be found in the birth certificate. Are you saying, you dont have a birth cerificate with your wife name??

Sorry.....I dont have an definite answer.. I am also checking....will post here if i found anything...

Good Luck!!

IF the RFE states to produce the oldest proof of your wifes parentage,
attach the photocopy of a document where your wifes name and her parents (any one parent) name is on it. For this, if you are attaching the 10th certificate, make a notarized affidavit, and get the father to sign, that "at the time of birth and when passing 10th 'Mothers name' was the mother"
Also attach the photocopy of the Birth Certificate, make a notarized affidavit of the Certificate in USCIS format and add a Note saying that the photocopy is the oldest proof of the parentage without the childs name on it(as the child was not named when the Birth certificate was issued).

Also, if you really want, at this point of time, get in motion, contact any friend/relative/neighbour back in India, and ask them to get a copy of the Birth certificate from the Municipal Office with the name updated on it. Believe me, most people really are happier when you ask for help from them.

Your case will be approved when you respond. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have respond to RFE before we travel??????

Hi,
we are yet to recieve the details on my wife I-485 RFE.

Meantime, we booked our tickets to India for next week friday (may 31st - using advance parole).

Do we have to respond to the RFE before we travel? If we dont will that impact the pending I-485 petition?

Can some one please let me know? :confused:

I also received an RFE for my wife's case. We have responded to it. How much time does it take for USCIS to make a decision on the case ?

Hi,

Meantime, we booked our tickets to India for next week friday (may 31st - using advance parole).

Do we have to respond to the RFE before we travel? If we dont will that impact the pending I-485 petition?

I've never received an RFE myself but I believe that the USCIS give you 30 days to respond to the RFE. So if you'll be gone for more than 30 days, yes, you better respond to the RFE before you leave, or else you might jeopardize your I-485 application.

How can you leave without responding to RFE?
vacation can wait but after all the pain you went through for GC, why do you want to jeopardise it?

Reply for RFE and then go on a vacation.

my 2 cents

- GCFinder

Hi,