Any recent canada rentry experiances ?

tt tt

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am planning a trip back to BC to search for a house, I had landed in
May 2001 at the truck crossing in BC.and finally got a job in toronto by sept 01. However soon after
that job vanished, so I got a job in LA ,applied for H1 visa , went to India and got an H1 visa 2 months ago. I am still trying to settle in vancouver.
any ideas as to how the will be allowing people to be in canada after having left canada for nearly 6 months...after the new law takes over ?

regards
tt tt

I am also trying

Hi..I am also trying to find out the recent experiences of people who entered into Canada. I am planning to go in july.
Thanks

I might go in the summer too, I checked the misc.immigration.canada

forum but that did not have any new inputs....anyway let us keep each other posted.

vancouver..see my first post.. I plan to get a house there

and telecommute to the USA if possible. Most likely I will go by car from seattle.
PS: I used to work in toronto for a very brief while...so if you want to go, use the peace bridge at buffalo or the niagara falls rainbow bridge to enter by land, the officers are very polite and friendly, however the peterson airport officials area a bit bursque.

Going also

I am going to Toronto July also. I am out for almost 1 year
already. Need to go back for PR card.

I need to know if the Canadian custom ppl stamp on
the passport or Immigration paper if I go by bus?

Do they stamp if I go by car?

Thanks

By road?

As in by greyhound?
But we need to go thru "custom" at the border right?

Need more information on the definition of "road"

No stamp if you go by greyhound or by car..although you get

stamped at the airport upon entry

How sure r u?

How sure are you that they dont stamp on PP or IP if
I go by greyhound?

You mean the canadian custom just look at the IP and
wave you thru ?

Yes , I have done it twice by greyhound and once by car.

at all times they only looked at my landing paper and passport from a distance and let me in @ peace bridge and @ rainbow bridge

I suggest to cross the bridge by personal car or on foot

If you go by bus, you may be asked for more detailed questions. For example, "what is the nature of your trip to the US?", "how long have you been staying in the US?", "show me your US visa on your passport." If you answered that you were travelling in USA for only few days and then they find you have a H1 visa, how can you expalin to them? If you said you have been working in the US, then you have to explain when you started work in the US... For this reason, I do not think taking bus is a good choice if you want to minimize any risk.

but if I wanted to go to vancouver, how do I cross on foot...plus I cannot use

personal car since Can PRs cannot rent US cars and drive into canada

Don\'t you have a US driver license? Asking a friend in Van to pick up you

is an option as what I did. If you have a copy of Yellow Page for greater vancouver, you can find an Airport Service very easily. Call any of the phone number in the yellow page, they would like to come up to Seattle Airport, and take you back to Vancouver.

going to toronto!

I am also planning to go to Canada this 4th of july and come back after applying for PR card. I am planning to take my own car. I am having a valid RRP, so I think taking my own car should not be a problem?

Any suggestions or pitfalls???

thanks!

I have a US driver\'s lic but my friends are in toronto !..

Wow..is there an airport pickup service from vancouver which will come to seattle to pick you up and then tranport you back to vancouver..however how is that any different from getting on to a greyhound bus.

I am also planning to go...

I am also planning to go Canada(Toronto) but I have no idea how I can reach there safely...Infact I am searching for company to go and pretend as we are out for vacation for the long weekend and coming back to Toronto..How does that works..Let me know if anyone is ready to go like that
Thanks
Sreeya

New law

I have been out close to a year and I am going over to Toronto
also to apply for my PR card. After 6/28, the RRP is not
going to matter because the 2 year within 5 year thing comes
into effect. So, RRP is not going to play a role.

They might even be happier because many immigrant deem out
of status are now going back and can go back again.

What I am concern about is the questioning at the Cananda border.

Can anyone describe their greyhound experience.

Dont you have to pass custom like in the airport?

Thanks

greyhound...

the bus stops after entering canada, then all have to get out and
take all the baggage and walk single file into the immigration/customs building...in my case, the officer just looked at me and said ..Can PR.I said yes and tried to pull out my passport/papers but he just waved us on..maybe it was 4 am in the morning and before sept...
and then all get back in to the bus and resume the journey.