ANY MARCH 2004 Guys!!!

kabish

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am frustrated with 485 thing.How long will it take to clear.When i called them 3 months back they told additional security check is pending!!Dont know what to do.Any March 2004 guys still there??

Regards
Kabish

We are in the same boat!!!

kabish said:
Hi

I am frustrated with 485 thing.How long will it take to clear.When i called them 3 months back they told additional security check is pending!!Dont know what to do.Any March 2004 guys still there??

Regards
Kabish

I filed my I485 in March 2004. Also get the query response from CSC that my case is pending additional security check.

I tried FOIPA later and get the response "No investigation intereste to FBI"!!! So I came back asking CSC (using 485 CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov) why my case is still pending. The adjudication officer replied with "As you are, we are all waiting. USCIS has many many many such cases (pending FBI name check?!).
Thanks for the info (of FBI director Mr. Hardy's CONCEITFUL congressional testimony - http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/hardy102303.htm)!"

My collegue got his I-485 application approved in 5 month, he submitted his case in January 2005. He is few of the lucky guys out there.

I am in the same situation too and my I-485 is pending since Mar'04.

On email enquiry to USCIS in the month of Feb'05 for case status, received reply back as "The cases are currently undergoing additional systems check. Please allow an additional 180 days for processing".

Does anyone else in same boat ?

Thx
bsain
------------------------------------------
Priority Date : Dec 11 2001(CSC,EB3).
I140 : RD 03-12-2004. Approved on 01/14/2005.
I485 : RD 03-12-2004. LUD: 02/14/2005 (address change).

Mine I-485 also is of March'04. Now it feels like a veteran in this forum
:mad:
I also initiated an inquiry with USCIS around 15 days back. Haven't heard back yet. When I called emergency number in March, they told my case is undergoing background check....

I'm in the same situation. I140/I485 filed concurrently in March '04. I140 got approved, but I485 is stuck at name check. I don't see too many Feb '04 folks, I see more from March onwards(not sure-:)

Wish we could do something abt it. Yes, the folks who filed in the last 6 months and are getting approved are really lucky!

i am in same boat here...my case was sent for detailed review in FBI in this March, while my i-485 was filed 3/04. called FBI and 800 emerg lines, no response either...FOIPA said no record..will writing to senate or congressman help at all? anyone has a letter tempelate for such purpose?

Hi everybody,

This is really weird.Many 2005 guys getting approved.I did enquiry in in April.Within 6 months we cant even initiate any enquiry!!!This is really hard!!!

Kabish
:confused:

on the same boat

Not just you guys, I am along with you.

I485: April 23, 2004, pending on name checks...endless and hopeless.

Same case with me too..

I-485 : RD April 08 2004, FBI Name check pending. Really don't have a clue on what to do.

Waiting_4GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,
Keep sending mails/faxes/emails to FBI,senator,congressmen. It does work. My FBI name check was pending since Jan 2004 and got cleared in Feb 2005. In fact, I found out that it's pending in Nov 2004. Since then, I have sent fax/email and regular mail almost every week. I even went to few senator/congressmen's local offices and talked to case worker personally. I know there is a luck factor, but still worth try.
Just like Vivekanand saying "Awake, arise and stop not till the goal is reached"

what to write in mails to FBI

desi45,
What you use to write in snail mails/emails to FBI?
I don't know if just writing the fact that "my application was filed on so and so date and then request to expedite" will help.
I have already send one snail mail, one email and one fax to FBI. But no result.

Finally my 140 got approved as of yesterday(6/9). Just ot the e-mails so far.
140/485 Appllied for in March 2004.

I had initiated an enquiry on my 485 thru the 1-800 number about a month back.

Do you guys know if at all there are any kind of communication back from uscis for this kind of an enquiry? I mean, are they going to send any e-mails or we just have to wait for a month and if we dont hear anything from them, call back once again to the 1-800 number to enquire about it ?

Good luck to everyone for a speedy 485 approval

Guys,

With no more EB3VISA unavailable from the july, am I right in saying "we only have time till 30th june to hope any kind of approvals for our cases".

In any case the question is, when do they need a VISA# for a 485 application? Is it just before they have to approve a 485 case or is it assigned as soon as the processing has started on a 485 application?

Good luck to everyone

I am in shock

cv123 said:
Guys,

With no more EB3VISA unavailable from the july, am I right in saying "we only have time till 30th june to hope any kind of approvals for our cases".

In any case the question is, when do they need a VISA# for a 485 application? Is it just before they have to approve a 485 case or is it assigned as soon as the processing has started on a 485 application?

Good luck to everyone

Just now I got the 2 magic e-mail about my 485 approval. Wife's still pending with a 6/10 LUD.

"On June 13, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center."

I am really in shock and as I have said earlier, I think by june 30, a lot of you guys will also get your 485's approved.

I really thank this forum and everyone for thier great support and knowledge sharing and wish every one the best of luck.

I still do not know my PD as mine was a sub-labor case.
I will post as soon as I find from the attorneys.( if at all ). Anyway, I was planning to talk to them sometime today as 140 was approved on 6/10 and I was told in this forum that usually, the 140 approval notice will have the PD on it.

Here is the history Chronological order :

March 24/25, 2004 - 140/485 applied (concurrent)
- applied for 7th year H1 extension based on
485 FED-ex shipment copy.
sep 2004 - Got married
Dec 2004 - added Spouses Name in 485
Dec 2004 - got an RFE on 140 ( ability to pay and W2's from my side)
Feb 2005 - RFE response received by USCIS
March 2005 - applied or EAD/ap renewal and 8th year H1b Renewal
Apriil 2005 - Went for Biometrics
April 2005 - EAD approved
- RFE on AP for better photograps
May 2005 - Sent new photograps for AP RFE

6/10 - 140 approved ( only have the e-mails so far)
6/13 - 485 approved for Self( only have the e-mail so far).
- Wife still pending with a LUD of 6/10

Good luck to every one for a speedy 485 aproval

Hi CV123

Congrats!!!My dates also almost same as yours.Still waiting.R u EB2 or EB3

Regards
Kabish

kabish said:
Hi CV123

Congrats!!!My dates also almost same as yours.Still waiting.R u EB2 or EB3

Regards
Kabish
Thanks kabish. I guess mine is a EB3( see, still not sure because of my employer), but it is definitely a sub-labor case. I am still a clueless and shocked about the e-mail. Hope, it was not a screw up from UCSIS. Anyway, now I know where to turn to in case of any kind of need, i mean this forum.

Wish you all the best for a quick 485 approval.