Any law favoring retrieving LC from original employer for filing AC21

waavman

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My GC was filed thru' emp A. My 485 was applied in Jul 2007. My I-140 was also approved before that. A year later in 2008 I joined emp B. Emp A was not happy with me switching to B and refused to give me my original GC Labor certification. So I didnot know the exact job description/tile on that. I made some judicious guess and gave the description to emp B's attorney who filed an AC21. 2 Years later I have changed to emp C.
Before I file another AC21 for the switch to employer C, I would like to know if there is any law favoring me to get the original LC copy for my GC from my original employer A so that when I file the AC21 this time around, I can be sure that I am using the right job title and description from the original LC instead of doing some guesswork and keeping my fingers crossed.
If there is any law that prohibits emp A from witholding my original GC LC, then I can forcibly have them release it to me through legal means. Please clarify. Your views or knowledge on this matter would be truly helpful.

thanks

Hi,

My GC was filed thru' emp A. My 485 was applied in Jul 2007. My I-140 was also approved before that. A year later in 2008 I joined emp B. Emp A was not happy with me switching to B and refused to give me my original GC Labor certification. So I didnot know the exact job description/tile on that. I made some judicious guess and gave the description to emp B's attorney who filed an AC21. 2 Years later I have changed to emp C.
Before I file another AC21 for the switch to employer C, I would like to know if there is any law favoring me to get the original LC copy for my GC from my original employer A so that when I file the AC21 this time around, I can be sure that I am using the right job title and description from the original LC instead of doing some guesswork and keeping my fingers crossed.
If there is any law that prohibits emp A from witholding my original GC LC, then I can forcibly have them release it to me through legal means. Please clarify. Your views or knowledge on this matter would be truly helpful.
--------------No law that employer A should give you copy of LC. But you can file FOIA and can get the copy.

thanks

-------------------