Any comments?

prman

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

As you see my sign, filed 485 on July 2nd and got my EAD and AP, done with the FP's. Now I know one have to wait until s/he gets the actual card.

My question is about the Name check and back ground check.

As a Canadian Permanent resident I have submitted FP results to the Canadian Immg in 2005. I know that it has nothing to do with American Immg. But, my finger prints are already with FBI and assuming that they have already done background check and based on that I got my Canadian permanent resident card.

Can this help me in any way in American GC name check and back ground check?

Would recommend reading your question again yourself and weighing what the odds of the answer will be with USCIS in the mix...:p:p

Guys,

As you see my sign, filed 485 on July 2nd and got my EAD and AP, done with the FP's. Now I know one have to wait until s/he gets the actual card.

My question is about the Name check and back ground check.

As a Canadian Permanent resident I have submitted FP results to the Canadian Immg in 2005. I know that it has nothing to do with American Immg. But, my finger prints are already with FBI and assuming that they have already done background check and based on that I got my Canadian permanent resident card.

Can this help me in any way in American GC name check and back ground check?

Would recommend reading your question again yourself and weighing what the odds of the answer will be with USCIS in the mix...:p:p

Here I am talking about FBI... since my records are already with FBI with "No Arrests found" can this will be of any use in clearing the NC or other things?

Here I am talking about FBI... since my records are already with FBI with "No Arrests found" can this will be of any use in clearing the NC or other things?

Both are separate. Fingerprinting clearing doesn't take much time (for US or for Canada) - usually, they get cleared within 24 hours. It is the Name Check which takes time. Canadian Immigration doesn't do Name Check for their immigration.

Name Check is where they check all the combinations of your name against millions of records.

As others have said, the fingerprint check is totally different from the name check. The former can be completed by FBI almost right away. Having done that in Canada won't save you any time.