Any Body in a similar situation

gvenkat

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My labor applicaiton was filed exactly 2 years ago on this day thro the traditional method and till now nothing has happend except that the case has been shipped to the dallas back log processing center. although i have still 3 more years of my H1 left.. it's kind of frustrating.. any body in a similar situation.. want to know what can we expect going forward... when do u think labor will get cleared and the next steps will happen...

Thanks
G.

GVenkat,

There are a lot of people in situations worse than yours.

My labor was filed the traditional way more than 4 years ago (yes more than four years ago), and I heard absolutely nothing about my application until about a month ago when the backlog center sent us the 45-day letter.

Hopefully you would not have to wait another 2 years just to get a 45-day letter.

Gogol75 said:
GVenkat,

There are a lot of people in situations worse than yours.

My labor was filed the traditional way more than 4 years ago (yes more than four years ago), and I heard absolutely nothing about my application until about a month ago when the backlog center sent us the 45-day letter.

Hopefully you would not have to wait another 2 years just to get a 45-day letter.

You guys should convert to PERM now or wait forever.

newbies said:
You guys should convert to PERM now or wait forever.

Instead of waiting too much time thinking about what happened to labor filed 2-3-4 years ago, start thinking about converting into PERM before PERM becomes slow.

Thanks newbies and apollo_13...

My employer finally agreed to file PERM. It took me more than 2 months to convince them. They started recruiting last week. Let's see how this goes.

Also in my case, the attorney is not "converting" but filing a new PERM. Reason being that I have a previously approved Labor and previously approved I140 thru my last employer. That case had a PD of June 2000, which the lawyer feels could be recaptured, even though the old employer has withdrawn the I140.