Any approvals with expired Finger Print?

I'm eager to know about it too. But when I spoke to the IO, she told me that everything was completed with my case except that it had a expired FP. So I think that every required item needs to be completed before it can be passed on to an officer for adjudication.

But what puzzles me is that a FP is required even after the NC is complete. The whole point of doing an FP is for NC. But if NC is complete why the heck would you need a FP.

I'm eager to know about it too. But when I spoke to the IO, she told me that everything was completed with my case except that it had a expired FP. So I think that every required item needs to be completed before it can be passed on to an officer for adjudication.

But what puzzles me is that a FP is required even after the NC is complete. The whole point of doing an FP is for NC. But if NC is complete why the heck would you need a FP.

Ad per my understanding, FP expired cases approved but after 2, 3 weeks of FP expiring. FP validity is 15 months but sometimes they approve even little more than that. BUT with USCIS you never know anything may happen. :)

NC and FP are not direclty related , both are part of a 3 point background check

FBI NC , FBI FP , and IBIS NC. Out of this , FBI NC , is done only once for an application , and has lifelong validity for that particular application and 15 month validity for any other application filed for the same beneficiary
This is mostly initiated 2-3 months after your 485 filing , not along with your fingerprinting.

FBI fingerprinting , where as has a validity of only 15 months even if it is for the same application , and hence the 2nd FPs.

IBIS NC is valid only for 90 days, and results are instantaneous.

In addition to these 3 checks , there are some n types of background checks but they are not invoked on all the applications, but these 3 are done on all AOS applications for sure.

Now with all that being said, USCIS is God , they can do whatever they think is right. I have personally seen one case which had FPs expired for more than 7-8 months and still the case was approved..