answer

nepaliraja

Registered Users (C)
I see most of the people in the chat area have answer to everything....So, doesanyone have answer to this???????Lets see the intelligence..........

What is this priority date have to do with anything? My 140 receipt didnot have this date but the approval has it... Can anyone tell me more about this. I know it is the date when I filed labour... Thanks

Rd 1/15/03
ND 2/5/03
Ap 3/26 approved
Ead 3/24 approved
I 140 9/26/03 approved
485..Waiting forever..I hope not

Re: still no answer

Each approved visa petition is placed in chronological order according to the date the visa petitioin was filed. The date the visa petition was filed is known as your priority date. The State Department publishes a bulletin that shows the month and year of the visa petitions they are working on by country and preference category (see eligibility information above). You can estimate of the amount of time it will take to get an immigrant visa number by comparing your priority date with the date listed in the bulletin. For instance, suppose you look under your country and preference category, and see that the State Department is working on applications they received in May 1996. If your priority date is May 1998, then you may have to wait several more years for an immigrant visa number to become available. You may access the State Department Visa Bulletin (http://travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin.html) at the State Department's Website, or you may call the Department of State Visa Office at (202) 663-1541, to learn which priority dates are currently being processed.

Right now, all EB categories are current. You don't have to care about this issue.

Hope this answers your questions.

Originally posted by nepaliraja
anyone please???????????

Priority date is the date you applied your Labour.

Since all EB* are current, Priority date doesnot matter now.
As long as priority date is current, it's not a concern.

But once Priority date rolls back, then it would decide if you case would be picked up for processing or not.

Hope this helps

COPIED from immihelp.com

Priority Date

The person can apply for adjustment of status when his/her priority date is current. This can be checked at online or calling the state department telephone at 202-663-1541 (recorded message). The web site and the telephone system are updated around 15th of each month. The priority dates are the Department's means of establishing a waiting list for U.S. permanent residency in those Categories where the number of applicants qualified for permanent residence exceed the annual limit specified by Congress.

Priority date is your place in line for getting the green card. If you have filed for alien labor certification, then your priority date is the date on which your application was received by the state level agency (SESA). If instead of labor certificate, you are going through the NIW/EB1 route, then your priority date is the date you filed I-140 petition. Your priority date is based on your country of birth and preference category(EB2, EB3 etc.) Currently priority dates for all the countries are current. But occasionally priority date for countries like India and China go back because they have huge backlog because of per country quota and huge number of applications from those countries.

Current priority date means there is no waiting involved. All persons qualified for the category in question can immediately apply for adjustment of status (if within U.S.) or an immigrant visa (if outside the U.S.).

If the priority date retrogates after filing the adjustment of status application, that application would be achieved (sp. "Archived"?) at INS and would no longer be processed until the priority date becomes current again. So it is wrong to think that once priority date is current and adjustment of status is applied, priority date does not matter to you any more. Priority date always matters until you get your green card.