Another TN to GC success story

pinoyInDC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I've been reading this forum for quite some time now since I started my quest for GC back in 2004. This forum has helped me a lot in more ways than one in keeping me patient and especially keeping me informed. This week I finally got my welcome notice and card mailed notices from USCIS website. I'd like to thank everyone and curiousGeorge for posting his experience as I have made sure I followed his suggestions.

Thank you all,
pinoyInDC

I-765 RD 3/20/07 AD 4/30/07
I-131 RD 3/20/07 AD 4/10/07
I-485 RD 3/20/07 AD 10/25/07
RFE 10/4/07 - Police clearance letters (my fingerprints were still unreadable after 2nd try)

Congratulations PinoyInDC

This is really a encouraging news. I am currently on a TN visa and I live in VA. Could you please kindly give me the contact information for the lawyer &/or Law firm you used for processing your GC.

I contacted a Law Firm based in TX but they told me that "applying for GC while on TN is not possible". :confused:

Congratulations once again.

Congratulations PinoyInDC

This is really a encouraging news. I am currently on a TN visa and I live in VA. Could you please kindly give me the contact information for the lawyer &/or Law firm you used for processing your GC.

I contacted a Law Firm based in TX but they told me that "applying for GC while on TN is not possible". :confused:

Congratulations once again.

Hi,
I used the company lawyer that my employer provided me, they are based in
Boston, McNamara & Kroenig. They handle all immigration matters for my employer so I'm not sure if they do individual cases but you can always ask. Most of the time I told them what I wanna do and guided them on what steps to take during the process. They never told me that is not possible, i think its more of a timing issue. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for sharing the law firm information PinoyInDC. Was there a specific attorney who handled your case?

Congradulations, PinoyInDC!!!
This is another encouraging news for others who are following!!!

Can someone give Murthy's office address, I am in Atlanta Ga, can i go through the GC process without my employer knowledge

Congratulation pinoyinDC.

I also have successful TN1 to GC. My GC approved in July 2007.

Hi,
I've been reading this forum for quite some time now since I started my quest for GC back in 2004. This forum has helped me a lot in more ways than one in keeping me patient and especially keeping me informed. This week I finally got my welcome notice and card mailed notices from USCIS website. I'd like to thank everyone and curiousGeorge for posting his experience as I have made sure I followed his suggestions.

Thank you all,
pinoyInDC

I-765 RD 3/20/07 AD 4/30/07
I-131 RD 3/20/07 AD 4/10/07
I-485 RD 3/20/07 AD 10/25/07
RFE 10/4/07 - Police clearance letters (my fingerprints were still unreadable after 2nd try)

Congratulation pinoyinDC.

I also have successful TN1 to GC. My GC approved in July 2007.

This is encouraging.

Facts: I am on a derivative status. My husband's employer is planning to file his GC sometime in Nov 2008. (Unfortunatley, his employer is not going to the TN-GC route.) They will have to file for his H1-B first before applying for his GC. Since I cannot work here, I'm planning to go home to Phils. and stay there (probably study) until "we" have our GC.

Questions:
1. Can I-1485 be filed (concurrent with my husband's) on our behalf (me and my daughter) while we are outside of the US? If yes, what will be the consequences in terms of traveling in /out of US, processing time?

2. Can we also get our H4 status?

Appreciate your answers.

Too bad your hubby's firm is so backwards. You do ralize that it is unlikley that he will get an H1, since about 6 tmes the number of visa are applied for. This has become a lottery.

1. No. You must be in US at the time I-485 is filed, and you must stay in US until you either get H4 status, or the advance parole (I-131) which takes 3-4 months after filing I-485.

2. Yes. But see above and realize that H1 is not going to be easy.

Thanks Nelsona.

That's what I thought. Would you know how long the dependents will have to wait if a green card is applied for them (assuming that principal is already a permanent resident)?

That's what I thought. Would you know how long the dependents will have to wait if a green card is applied for them (assuming that principal is already a permanent resident)?

That is impossible to answer. You would still have to come to US (in what status I do not know, since you would no longer be eligible for H4) to file I-485, so you may only have the option at that point to do consular processing (CP). In the time it would take you to do paperwork, his category (your I-485 or CP would still have his PD and category) might become retrogressed.

You would not file an I-485 based on his PR status, as this could take decades. Your I-485 would still be based on his employment petition, and the fact that you were his dependants before his GC was approved.

Yopu can pretty much do what you want until he files his I-485, but when he is ready to file his, you should ALL be in the US and file along with him.

Thanks again.

I was reading about "follow to join" petition in another thread. I haven't done my own research about this, but it looks like it fits my situation in the future. You're right about the H1B thing, if he will be applied for another TN (second year) in 2008 because of unavailability of H1, then I'm stuck at home, unable to work. The good thing is, the firm has a pre-approved labor for his position. Might as well, I'll finish my nursing degree in Phils., get a license to work in the US, then apply for my own work visa. Will I be accepted to the US as TN-Nurse, even though I'm not educated in Canada?

Will I be accepted to the US as TN-Nurse, even though I'm not educated in Canada?
Yes

... amd yes, follow-to-join may be appropriate in your case. It appears that this bypasses the need for quota or current PD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good thing is, the firm has a pre-approved labor for his position.

I would be jumping up and down, screaming, demanding that they file the I-140 immediately or I would seek other employment. There is absolutely no reason for this delay.

Will I be accepted to the US as TN-Nurse, even though I'm not educated in Canada?

You'll need a credentials evaluation.