Another shining example of USCIS at its finest

Vorpal

Registered Users (C)
Last time I spoke with an IO (5/15/08), she offered to open a service request for me. Just now, I received a service request acknowledgement letter from the NYC DO. Here's a direct quote from the letter:

"Caller indicated they are: Applicant or Petitioner
Attorney Name: Information not Available
Case type: N400
Filing date: 06/25/1978
Type of service requested: Outside Normal Processing Times"

Yes, if indeed I filed on 06/25/1978 and my case was still pending 30 years later, I would certainly be outside normal processing times. However, since they confused my date of birth with my filing date, I can only wonder what kind of response I will receive!:rolleyes:

At the bottom of the letter, it states: "Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter". Sounds like within 60 days, I'll be receiving a response similar to that obtained by my congressman.

Last time I spoke with an IO (5/15/08), she offered to open a service request for me. Just now, I received a service request acknowledgement letter from the NYC DO. Here's a direct quote from the letter:

"Caller indicated they are: Applicant or Petitioner
Attorney Name: Information not Available
Case type: N400
Filing date: 06/25/1978
Type of service requested: Outside Normal Processing Times"

Yes, if indeed I filed on 06/25/1978 and my case was still pending 30 years later, I would certainly be outside normal processing times. However, since they confused my date of birth with my filing date, I can only wonder what kind of response I will receive!:rolleyes:

At the bottom of the letter, it states: "Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter". Sounds like within 60 days, I'll be receiving a response similar to that obtained by my congressman.

I'd use the rolleyes smily, but the eyes just don't roll back far enough in the head. That is unbelievable.

Just think - if your filing date had just been 10.1 months earlier than 6/25/78, then you'd be a natural born citizen!

Seriously...

I would send a notarized copy back to USCIS and ask them if they still have all their eggs in one basket and if they won't grant your case soon, you now have perfect evidence of profoundly sloppy work.

I want to see the Judge who isn't laughing out loud or crying like a baby for that matter.

I really would like to avoid having to file a WOM, get my IL next month, and be over and done with USCIS forever. However, part of me wants to use the WOM to appear in front of a judge, just to see his/her reaction to this. Take a look at boleklolek's post about getting a 2nd FP appointment AFTER his oath! This is just classic.

I really would like to avoid having to file a WOM, get my IL next month, and be over and done with USCIS forever. However, part of me wants to use the WOM to appear in front of a judge, just to see his/her reaction to this. Take a look at boleklolek's post about getting a 2nd FP appointment AFTER his oath! This is just classic.

Vorpal, I know exactly what you mean! same feeling here!

but I think they are perfectly aware they are inefficient, but still don't care..

just like George Carlin says - nothing ever will get better and there is no such thing as justice, look at Japanese American citizens in 1940s
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment , if govt want to mess with anyone, they will mess all they want and no human rights or logic will help.

oh my god, vorpal, this is too funny. you ought to frame that letter after you're done with the process.
wow...funny beyond words

I guess it would have been worse..the response could have said "NYC is currently processing applications from 6/25/1978, please check back again in 30 years...":D

I wonder if that 60 day timeframe stated in the letter carries any validity. Obviously, this is just another "1-2 months to IL", but they actually put it in writing. Hmmmm....