Another Approval after long wait..

venkat04

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I just wanted to let you know that after a long wait my GC has been approved.

I am on EB2 category at VSC. I have gone through a very painful journey.

Here is the brief history of my case.

9/11/2001- Applied for labor (yes..it is 9/11 day my petition delivered by FedEx to Labor dept)

PD 10/2001

6/2003 -RFE on Labor (Company name change)

7/2003 -Labor approved (I was in India by that time on vacation)

9/18/2003 - ND 140&485

5/2004 -REF on I-140 – (company financials & ability to pay)

6/2004 - I-140 & 485 - denied saying that company has loss and cannot pay the salary in 2001

(2 people from same company with same title, salary, one is 15 days earlier PD and other one is 45 days later PD got approved in 5/2004 without any RFE or any questions in any stage)

7/2004 -140 & 485 MTR (290B)

7/2004 – Applied for 7th H1 (just 5 days before expiration of H1 and got approved 10/2004)

9/14/2004 – 140 approved and 485 Reopened only for me. Dependents not opened.
9/2004 – Sent another request for Depends case Reopen

10/2004 – Letter from USCIS saying that files sent to offsite location will take about 6 months to reopen
11/2004 – another request to reopen with emergency travel to India (have valid AP)

11/2004 – Fax from USCIS saying same as above as 10/2004 and also we cannot use the AP for travel as 485 not reopened yet.

2/2005 – All 485s reopened
(We never received FP1 notice, got 2EADs and 2FPs)

Sent 3 expedite requests and 4 phone calls for issuing FP notice
7/2005 – Received FP notice for August 27/2005
8/6/2005 –Early FP given and 8/25/05 FP received
No more LUDs until approved
9/6/2005- called USCIS for Change of address.
9/14/2005 all 485 cased have approved

I spent lot of money and mentally tired on this painful process. I don’t have any happy or sad feelings on this approval. I feel happy as mine is better case than some worst cases that I saw in the forum and it approved 2 weeks before retrogression on EB2. Otherwise? :eek: I can’t imagine.

I am thankful to many of you especially UnitedNations to support in filing the MTR.

I wish you good luck for all of you.

Congrats !!!!

venkat04 said:

I spent lot of money and mentally tired on this painful process. I don’t have any happy or sad feelings on this approval. I feel happy as mine is better case than some worst cases that I saw in the forum and it approved 2 weeks before retrogression on EB2. Otherwise? :eek: I can’t imagine.

You got it finally at right time...Congratulations !!!!

Congratulations

Congratulations! Yours was indeed a painful journey and goes to show how 'lucky or unlucky' is relative.

Congratulations ! just in time....
Thanks,
P
9/18/2003 - ND 140&485

6/2004 - I-140 & 485 - denied saying that company has loss and cannot pay the salary in 2001

(2 people from same company with same title, salary, one is 15 days earlier PD and other one is 45 days later PD got approved in 5/2004 without any RFE or any questions in any stage)

7/2004 – Applied for 7th H1 (just 5 days before expiration of H1 and got approved 10/2004)

10/2004 – Letter from USCIS saying that files sent to offsite location will take about 6 months to reopen
11/2004 – another request to reopen with emergency travel to India (have valid AP)

11/2004 – Fax from USCIS saying same as above as 10/2004 and also we cannot use the AP for travel as 485 not reopened yet.

I am thankful to many of you especially UnitedNations to support in filing the MTR.

I wish you good luck for all of you.[/QUOTE]

venkat04 said:
Hello,

Congratulations Venkat! Very happy to see you approved.
I came to know about your approval from your message in my approval thread. I have also cleared my private messages.

You finally got it and it is good that you got it approved before the retrogression starts. I know otherwise it might have been a long wait.
Congratualtions once again and best of luck for whatever you do next!
:)

EricS said:
Congratulations Venkat! Very happy to see you approved.
I came to know about your approval from your message in my approval thread. I have also cleared my private messages.

You finally got it and it is good that you got it approved before the retrogression starts. I know otherwise it might have been a long wait.
Congratualtions once again and best of luck for whatever you do next!
:)

Thank you EricS!

venkat04 said:
Hello,

I am on EB2 category at VSC. I have gone through a very painful journey.

Here is the brief history of my case.

9/11/2001- Applied for labor (yes..it is 9/11 day my petition delivered by FedEx to Labor dept)

PD 10/2001

6/2003 -RFE on Labor (Company name change)

7/2003 -Labor approved (I was in India by that time on vacation)

9/18/2003 - ND 140&485

Congratulations...........I am really happy for you and I was also watching your case, as mine is very similar. Currently our 485's are open, but couldn't persue USCIS to send us the FP notice.

If you could tell me the steps you have taken to request USCIS to send FP notice, if possible sample of your expediate request. Also wondering, did you send the expediate request or your attorney.....let me know...Thanks Again....

Kishore_l said:
Congratulations...........I am really happy for you and I was also watching your case, as mine is very similar. Currently our 485's are open, but couldn't persue USCIS to send us the FP notice.

If you could tell me the steps you have taken to request USCIS to send FP notice, if possible sample of your expediate request. Also wondering, did you send the expediate request or your attorney.....let me know...Thanks Again....

Thank you Kishore_I.

In fact I sent expedite requests to USCIS, but none of them worked. They replied for one as “We are in the process of reopening” and other one as “Service consideration”, two of them as “The reason you are showing are not extremely urgent and we are not considering your expedite request”.

I called USCIS about 4 to 5 times for requesting FP notice. Every time they are telling me that “Local office is run out of appointments”. I never give up but keep calling every 45 days. One time, one lady answered my call and explained the entire story. She kept me on hold for 15 minutes and opened the file and expressed her surprise not to (never) schedule for FP and she put the file in the Q for next available FP appointment. After 30 days I got my FP notice which is scheduled after 35 days.

I went to ASC office for early FP and they asked me reason for early FP. I told them that I am on business trip by that time. They asked me show the proof. I lied them that I do have an airline ticket but not at that time. They asked to come with the airline ticket as proof. Then I blocked one local travel ticket and went to ASC and got early FP and then I cancelled my airline ticket.
My case approved exactly 5 weeks after my FP.

Try your luck.

venkat04 said:
Thank you Kishore_I.

In fact I sent expedite requests to USCIS, but none of them worked. They replied for one as “We are in the process of reopening” and other one as “Service consideration”, two of them as “The reason you are showing are not extremely urgent and we are not considering your expedite request”.

I called USCIS about 4 to 5 times for requesting FP notice. Every time they are telling me that “Local office is run out of appointments”. I never give up but keep calling every 45 days. One time, one lady answered my call and explained the entire story. She kept me on hold for 15 minutes and opened the file and expressed her surprise not to (never) schedule for FP and she put the file in the Q for next available FP appointment. After 30 days I got my FP notice which is scheduled after 35 days.

I went to ASC office for early FP and they asked me reason for early FP. I told them that I am on business trip by that time. They asked me show the proof. I lied them that I do have an airline ticket but not at that time. They asked to come with the airline ticket as proof. Then I blocked one local travel ticket and went to ASC and got early FP and then I cancelled my airline ticket.
My case approved exactly 5 weeks after my FP.

Try your luck.
Thanks Venkat for your response...Did you call the regular customer service rep or vermont service center?. I know for sure, they log and keep track of all calls made to the VSC, how about customer service...do they also log and keep track of all our calls?.

Wondering, woudl be able to send me a copy of your expediate request letter or post it here in the forum?.

Thanks again!!

Kishore_l said:
Thanks Venkat for your response...Did you call the regular customer service rep or vermont service center?. I know for sure, they log and keep track of all calls made to the VSC, how about customer service...do they also log and keep track of all our calls?.

Wondering, woudl be able to send me a copy of your expediate request letter or post it here in the forum?.

Thanks again!!
I called regular Cust service number… followed a sequence to reach VSC.
Yes. You’re correct. They logged all my calls. But every time I lied them that “the rep told me that, I am not getting FP notice, call us back after 30 days.. So I called again as I haven’t got any response for my previous call”

Here is the sample letter format.

venkat04 said:
I called regular Cust service number… followed a sequence to reach VSC.
Yes. You’re correct. They logged all my calls. But every time I lied them that “the rep told me that, I am not getting FP notice, call us back after 30 days.. So I called again as I haven’t got any response for my previous call”

Here is the sample letter format.
Thanks Venkat!!. I appreciate your time and help. My Nd for 485 is 04/04/04, so I will request them / Push them, atleast to send me the FP notice, so that file will be kept ready when Visa Numbers are made available. I am also one of the unfortunate with PD in July 2001. I hope it doesn;t get stuck around Apr 2001.

I assume, you used ERICS technique to reach VSC, by pressing 3 after your case status is read out (applications are separated or something)...let me know, if its otherwise.

I guess, UN, JK, Erics, Yourself, Hidden_Man and few other experienced persons, compile a document based on all the posts & experience, I bet it will become the BIBLE for Immigrants. Certainly, i am able to get things done by contacting people than just relying on my attorney.