An American in love with a Canadian

Vicious

Hello everyone,
I'm a U.S. citizen living in Canada. I've been in Canada for a year now with my husband, who is a Canadian. After a long wait, I finally got my Canadian work permit...but I haven't had any luck finding a job. I want to go back home, coz I know I can make use of my degree and get a job right away. I don't really want to leave my husband. I know I have to petition my husband, but can he go with me, and just sponsor him while he is the U.S.? If this is possible, how long is the process time? Also, I know that if you petition someone, you must meet the financial requirement. Since I haven't been working for a year, will the sponsorship be approved if I used my parents income to meet the financial requirement?

I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Vicious said:
Hello everyone,
I'm a U.S. citizen living in Canada. I've been in Canada for a year now with my husband, who is a Canadian. After a long wait, I finally got my Canadian work permit...but I haven't had any luck finding a job. I want to go back home, coz I know I can make use of my degree and get a job right away. I don't really want to leave my husband. I know I have to petition my husband, but can he go with me, and just sponsor him while he is the U.S.? If this is possible, how long is the process time? Also, I know that if you petition someone, you must meet the financial requirement. Since I haven't been working for a year, will the sponsorship be approved if I used my parents income to meet the financial requirement?

I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Is probably a very straightforward issue. You husband would be given something similar to a green card with which he can start working in USA immediately. Should not be much of a hassle, should not take too much time. Contact a competent attorney, that might be a little tricky :p

Go though these threads and find an honest attorney who seems to care a little and is competent, and then follow procedures. Good luck.