&@*#$* San Jose INS

Deepak Agrawal

Registered Users (C)
After approval we had to go to San Jose INS 4 Times for stamp.

On first day we reached there at 8:30AM (Innocent me :(
Ofcourse by 9:45 it was clear that we dont have no luck..

On second day we reached there at 6:10 (We just missed the count by like 10 folks in front of us).. Apparently they take in only limited number of folks a day (including those scheduled for interview and appointments).. There were some 200 people behind us who had to return back.

On thrid day we reached there at 5:20 AM (But many folks who returned back the previous day were wiser and camping there from 4:00 AM).. Phew!!! We missed the count by like 50 folks in front of us and 200 behind us.. The first person in the queue was waiting from the 7:00Pm the previous evening..

Wisened, chastened I camped there at 12:00 midnight for next day (earliest I could reach because of my other schedules).. With some 30 folks in front of us.. Who by the morning grew to 150 because each one was holding place for many.. But finally, even when there were 150 infront.. I finally managed to get in at 8:00 (office opens at 7).. But since I was so back in the Q I had to wait until 12:30PM to get the stamp..

Incidently, for passport stamping only, our number was only 9 and 10 (me and my spouse).. rest of the crowd was there for like naturalization, interviews... etc..

I dont mean to be grass but in the end it took away all our joy and I that could escape my lips was F%$#^^g INS...

Phew... So much for close to $70,000 per annum me and my spouse pays in the taxes from our hard earned money..

Not to mention that even on the last day I saw like 300 folks who waited and waited in line (some of them from 4:30 onwards) who had to go back..

During the whole ordeal the only thing which may be good was the support and friendship we earned from some very nice folks who helped us manage our 2 month old baby whome we had to take with us on all 4 days.................

No Title

Very sad to hear the ordeal, good that you finally got approved.

There should be a special Q for parents with small kids.

Enjoy the freedom.