American woman wants to marry Canadian man and move to Canada


New Member

I am an American Citizen and I am in love with a Canadian citizen. We want to get married and have me move to Canada. I have a young child from a previous marriage. What do we need to do for us to be married and move myself and my child to Canada? Do I need to go to his country, or does he need to come here? What documents do we need to file in order to do this legally? Are there certain visas my child and I would need? My child is 5 yrs old. I am currently in college studying Health Information Technology. I am going into the Bachelors program as soon as I graduate from the Associates in the summer of 2011. Will my student status affect the process?